Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs MOPAR guy's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SicSpeed, Dec 5, 2015.

1. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

I need help with a steering box. This is a friends car that he has had over 45 years. Its currently going into a shop for it's 3rd body respray, and this time it's getting some real nice work and more custom touches and re chrome. I'm towing it up to a shop in NorCal today.
    The problem over the last 10 yrs has been the steering box is shot and I'd like to do an upgrade to a more modern Mopar box for him. Does anyone know what would be the best power steering box for these torsion bar cars.

[​IMG]

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. I know very little about the Mopar stuff so this answer might not help but yesterday I received my January 2016 Hemmings magazine and on page 84 is an article listing the various Chrysler power steering gearboxes beginning in 1951 forward. If you do not have the magazine you may be able to view this on their website.
    www.hemmings.com Might be worth a look.

Good luck, Jimmie

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

any more ideas?

4. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Thanks, that should be some good help
    I don't get Hemmings but that's easy to find. I'll tell the owner. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1449383285.432245.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1449383305.114540.jpg
    Dropped off the car in Oroville today and I must say I was very impressed with the builder my friend Steve has doing the work. A totally wild truck he has going together and I'm a truck nut for sure. I respected his asking no pics.