Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mopar Guru Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51Fourdoor, May 24, 2008.

1. 51Fourdoor

51Fourdoor

Mopar guys; I've done some internet surfing and didn't find anything. Is there an aftermarket aluminum intake for a 383 with 2 barrel carb? I want to keep the motor pretty stock and looking to get rid of that heavy cast intake but keep the 2 barrel carb. Is there such a thing? This is for a stock '68 Newport.

Thanks

2. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Top the aftermarket intake with a 4-2bbl adapter.

Good luck

3. Swifster

Swifster

If you can keep your foot out of the gas, a 4-bbl gets slightly better mileage. Chrysler used Carter (Edelbrock) carbs so a new 500 cfm is still available. I know, not a two barrel, but it maybe cheaper to go 4-bbl than to convert backwards with an aluminum intake.

4. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

none made but use the low rise wiend or offy with a adapter with a new 355 cfm holly six pack center carb this carb will haul a 440 clear across country and 18 mpg with 3.91 gears and stock gears better yet .this is not an opinion i set up many mopars 6 bbl and hemis .hulsautoworks.com

5. montclaire

montclaire

They make a six pack version for the 383, you could run a center 2bbl and make block off plates for the other two. Might seem like a lot of work, but you can always add the other two carbs down the road. Hell, you could mount 'dummy' carbs for the time being so it don't look so bad.

6. 51Fourdoor

51Fourdoor

As always, great info! Thanks for the ideas and suggestions. I'll do come checking on the carbs mentioned.

51FourDoor