Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects MoPar Flathead in a Model A pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mach0415, Jul 7, 2012.

1. I am getting ready to embark upon a new project, involving a late 1950s era custom 1930 Model A, using a built 1950 Dodge 230 L6. Has anyone used this setup? and if so, Does anyone have pics or links to pics? Thanks

2. Modeljunkie

Modeljunkie

Mmmmm, could be....
    [​IMG]
    The above is my 25" block '52 265ci chrysler motor destined for my 40 plymouth touring sedan{see avatar}.

You didn't state what trans you plan on using...reason I say that is the stock cranks on these motors{23" and 25"} can only really spin up to 3600rpm...go more without decent crank and oiling mods and you'll granade the motor. I plan on a tremec 5 speed tranny behind my 265 so I can go fast without the crank having to do so.
    BTW- please define "built 230"...just rebuilt to stock with overbore or "go faster goodies" added too? Inquiring minds wish to know!

I plan on adding this to my set up as well...soon as I get it rebuilt and figure out how to mount it and plumb the carbs...
    [​IMG]

3. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

A gentleman out in nebraska built a Desoto 251 powered model A cut down coupe roadster. Had and adapter plate and ran a chevy auto trans. Had a ride in it out in the cornfields, it was quite a snappy ride. A built 230 would not be far behind on the performance curve.

Give it some more compression, split the exhaust, and double up the carbs, and you will be presently surprised.

[​IMG]

4. Villlage Idiot

Villlage Idiot

5. hkestes

hkestes