Register now to get rid of these ads!

moonshine runners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by booboo, Apr 19, 2011.

1. 26 roadster

26 roadster

bought a 39 ford coupe in Sevier county, TN. Had a hot flatty, tube shocks and the passenger side floor (only) was eroded from the broken jars of shine. The car was from Cocke county (shine country)

2. I was born in Cocke County and spent my next 12 yrs. in nearby Jefferson County. Lots and lots of "hooch" came out of these counties as well as Sevier County. I'm sure it's all been cleaned up by now.:rolleyes:....Don.

3. My great grand pappy Joe made moonshine during prohibition. I've been to the farm in Kansas were the operation was. Don't know if they had any runners or not. Like to think they did. Wish I knew more. He was busted by the feds. 9 months in the slammer. He died in his early 40's. Never knew him. I like to think he had some kind of runner.

4. ratster

ratster

5. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

My car was never used to haul shine, but I swear the previous owner must have been drinking the stuff while working on the car.

6. GARY?

GARY?

ratster, that is goood livin'. Neat to hear from somebody that knew him personally.

7. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

I understood that. My question is why ??
    Tom S. in Tn.

8. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

My ex father in law used to have a 63 Ford ambulance that was used for that. Siren and all if needed.
    I to this day can not understand the market for that home brewed horse crap, when the finest bottle and bond was available legally, probably for the same or less price.

I saw several people loose their lives over this crap when I was growing up working in a garage in Fairview, Tenn. I was too young to know anything about it then, and still do not understand it today.

Tom S. in Tn.

9. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Neat rides folks.

I've always wanted to have an ex-bootlegger car or to do up a replica to some level.

These are really nifty.

Moonshine Runners...

social group... we try to keep up on any festivals, museums and what not.

This is a great thread about moonshine stories here on the HAMB....

Running Moonshine...

-W

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  10. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

The car show takes place Sat and Sun at the museum. You can walk from the car show to the fest. in the downtown section, Hope this helps.

Here is a link to more pictures from a past Dawsonville Moonshine Fest.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=2994

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  11. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

He brings the stuff back to his place by the gallon and makes "designer" shine outta it, flavored stuff like "Apple Pie", Lemonade, etc. I'm not much of a drinker but it does taste pretty good. I kinda think of it as a social thing and most times someone opens up on of the mason jars and passes it around.

Hey, without looking on the Ford Barn, you come from there? Your screen name is like so many of those guys have over there....first name, initial of last name then the state. I shoulda went with Denise S. in MI....maybe I'd fit in more.....or maybe I should build a Ford huh??:D

Thanks bud, might see ya there in Oct.

13. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

#43;
    " Hey, without looking on the Ford Barn, you come from there? Your screen name is like so many of those guys have over there....first name, initial of last name then the state. "

For over a decade, we post like that at Ag.com or AgOL. easy to keep track of everybody and what region they farm in when talking about weather trends etc. just kind of stuck with me on the WWW.
    Excuse my ignorance, but Ford Barn is a web site? I have not been there, but I will look at it in the future.
    No moonshine festival for me. Hard for me to believe it's immortalized today. Cost many lives, incl Mr. Sutton from Maggie Valley region.
    Tom S. in Tn.

14. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Not themed, but real......

Attached Files:

15. 26 roadster

26 roadster

still available, got a quart of regular and one apple pie in the fridge, my wife has her own formula!

16. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

To answer all the questions about the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville....the downtown area..is mostly reserved for racecars, and cars (mostly 30's/40's Ford's) that look like haulers. There were also some old trucks, and 50's Ford haulers along with period correct police cars. Down at the museum, the cruise-in is Friday night and all day Saturday. Sunday (Trophy Day) is the car show and is open to all cars. Last year there was a record for the car show. Over 500+. Up town about 170 moonshine cars.

17. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

This has been everywhere on the internet, and I know everyone has seen them before, but I thought it appropriate for this discussion, and I hope he doesn't come after me for posting these;
    Which came first, the hot rod or the untaxed liquor hauler? Racing or the highway patrol ?
    Tom S. in Tn.

Attached Files:

18. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Sorry to report, I don't believe so. It appears the kids now days are into home made chemistry with ingredients from under the bathroom sink, and your hometown there is even worse than mine I'm told.
    I used to worry about pot, but I'd gladly go back to the day where most families had a distillery contraption on the porch.
    Tom S. in Tn.

19. Lakehouse51

Lakehouse51
    from Virginia

Carolinia Shinefest, open to most any Vintage car, There is a bootlegers class for anyone lucky enuff to have one. July 30 & 31 Madison N.C. just off of sr220 or I-40. they have a web.

20. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

here is my example of a moonshine looking car . my buddies tell me it looks more like a
    undercover FBI car of the same era.

Attached Files:

21. havi

havi

Subscribing. Here's my avatar on my other forums, and FB.

Attached Files:

22. That's a great shot of "Popcorn". Bibs, Checked flannel and hat......Classic.

23. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

$12.50 for 2-liters of sweetwater delivered ain't quite the same price as what's available legally..............ya think?

BTW, it ain't all horse piss!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  24. fordfan289

fordfan289
    from indiana

I dont think it is so much immortalized as a nod to the past. Besides everyone has a bit of an outlaw in them.

25. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Yeah that happened to me about a year ago ... ever seen his gravestone? (I hope this doesn't get me booted on my 3rd post here)

Attached Files:

26. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

That's pretty funny!

Attached Files:

27. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

28. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

More to life for me fella's. $12.50 is still too much.
    Tom

29. Colville

Colville

[​IMG]

And my Avatar

30. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Colville,

Down in the Low-Country I've heard it called White Mule.