Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moonshine Festival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Customline Vicky, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Is anybody going to the Georgia Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville GA at the end of the month. I'll be there with the Fords up at the schoolhouse...

2. rberezewski

rberezewski
    from singapore

Cool! My bro will be visiting in dawson, just in time for the Moonshine festival.

3. mphudak

mphudak
    from Atlanta

I'll probably drop in for a bit.

4. HammerDown

HammerDown

If you see "Awesome Bill" tell him I said hey...

5. 59 brook

59 brook

i'll wave hello as i am passing by from south fla. going up thursday to run the tail of the dragon friday morning and then head back top dawsonville for the friday night cruise

6. JM 35 Sedan

JM 35 Sedan

I'll be there. Will be driving my Avatar 35 fordor "Shine Runner" down.

7. k9racer

k9racer

I will be their with the Friends of the hall of fame..Any body who has not attended its a great car show but has a few O T things to keep the non car locals happy. I was told last year over 130 39/40 fords in attendance.. lots of old trip cars {moonshine haulers} and a large amount of nice hot rods.. While in route watch out for the yuppie bicycle riders. They plan trips all thru the mountains. 2 years ago I passed 4 groups.. Roy Hall or Loyd Seay would have ran over them

8. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I really want to make this show one day....

9. hybred355

hybred355
    from Ont. CAN.

Me to Jeff but I don't get to Ga until the 1st of Dec. Larry

10. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

I'll be there in an OT early Bronco, half cab. Anyone looking for a nice one look me up in the car corral.

11. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

We will be there!
    We have never been sounds like fun!
    About a thousand miles to get there.

12. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

I'll be there with my 55 F-100. Looking forward to the event.

13. This show is on my list. Probably wan't be able to make it this year but soon.

14. Atlanta 10,000 at Commerce this weekend and Moonshine Festival next weekend. I love October.

15. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Don't drink and drive. With that stuff :eek:

taildragger&fenderless

16. 01Dudley

01Dudley

Also check out the Devils Triangle. Runs from Petros to Oliver Springs. Less traffic than the Dragon and still a very nice ride.

17. Last years show was great. Go early traffic is awful. One way in and only one way out makes for a lot of hot running old cars. Anybody ever go on Friday ?

18. KStewart

KStewart

We will be there driving my 39 Conv. or the 40 Conv. Depends on the weather which one I take.I will be driving from Pa. Was there in 2009 and had a great time. Nice people. Lots of 40 Fords there. Some with Caddy power plants like the old days.

19. 59 brook

59 brook

looks very interesting and they say more challenging then the tail. i think the devil's triangle will be a side trip on nexts yrs power tour for me as knoxville is the 2nd day and it is way closer then dawsonville. this trip i will run the dragon again and part of moonshiner's 28 . on my trip to gear jam last month i did six gap in ga and it was a lot of fun

20. RGG

RGG

I will be there with Belle, my 30 Ford Model A Coupe. Unfortunately, it will have a for sale sign in the window due to finance situations. However, my cousin has his 40 Ford Coupe running again and will be driving it (it may even have a little real shine in the trunk!).
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382059105.726512.jpg

RGG

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. It is my new favorite show since last year. As said, tons of 34-40 Fords & to hear a full race flat head is pure music. On Saturday most of them will be around the square in town. Traffic in Dawsonville will be at a stand still. Last year a bunch of us went out to the road course for a few laps but I didn't see anything like that for this year. I didn't see Bill there but did chat with David Pearson for awhile. I'll see y'all there...

22. I don't know if you just misspelled but Dawson & Dawsonville are a long way from each other... Hope ya come on by though...

23. What's at Commerce? Next year that may be worth making this a week long thing...

24. taybrown

taybrown

I'll be there. Flying in to Atlanta, meeting my Dad, and we're driving up. Been wanting to hit up this one for years.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  25. mphudak

mphudak
    from Atlanta

Definitely in, just got a message from a buddy that wants to ride up. taybrown, small world. I grew up in fayetteville and spent most of my summers between wilmington and ft fisher.

26. k9racer

k9racer

I will be in attendance and this needs to do back to the top anyway..

27. RGG

RGG

I hope to see more HAMBers up there!

28. mphudak

mphudak
    from Atlanta

See some of yall in a couple hours. I will be in a red 55.1 gmc suburban