Register now to get rid of these ads!

MoonEyes USA, anyone had problems?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DocWatson, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Mysterio

Mysterio

2. Mysterio

Mysterio

Then order twice and you'll get it all. Duh.:D

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I finally found out what happened to my package. Its on its way back to the US, they put the wrong address on it!
    I checked my account with them and the right address is in there, they must have written it down wrong on the package.
    I hope they don't try to sting me for postage to send it back.
    Doc.

4. ya might want to call/email them

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, Im going to call them.
    Doc.

6. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

i tried comunicating with them by email, it took 4 weeks to work out the shipping cost, i got the shits and sent a mean email, i got a pissed off email back, ive heard lots of bad stuff since about people not getting their stuff.
    most parts can be found on ebay cheaper and shipped to your door in half a week.

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, never again from them. Its such a shame that a great hot rodding name should end up like this, being run by morons.
    Hey Leon, I know its way late but congrats on the ink in SM!!
    Doc.

8. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

i spend a ton of money with them every year, they are great people to deal with! the products they have the problems with are parts they don't make themselfs and have to rely on someone else to keep them stocked. the products they make themsefs is good quality and usually readly available. i buy some some of the vendors they buy from for the really neat stuff you can't get anyhere else and some of these vendors are just one man operations and they can be very slow at times. they give you a e.t.a. and don't come through as planned and now were in a jamb. but if you want the one of a kind part sometimes you have to wait!

9. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

What did he say?!?!?

10. 5window

5window

He said it's not their fault and if you are dumb enough to want something unique and order it from them you have a hell of a lot of nerve expecting them to deliver in a timely manner or respond courteously when they screw it up. He also said you haven't spent nearly enough money and are too far away for them to give a damn.

It's YOUR fault you cheap,irrational little guy.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  11. 5window

5window

Let's see it!

12. Mysterio

Mysterio

Thanks for translating. lol.

13. Has anyone had any more recent dealings with Mooneyes since the above comments? I want to get some stuff from them but am a bit leery after reading some posts here.

14. A LITTLE leery..........??

15. Okay, BIG leery - sorry if I used the wrong word. But since some comments posted here is all over the place from good to bad, I wondered if anyone had any more recent issues with them?

16. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

If its not in stock it could be "ON A SLOW BOAT FROM CHINA" and may take awhile but they should let you know that when you place the order.

Think that's about it right their. Selling the USA off one job and car at a time.

17. Spot_remover

Spot_remover

How is the quality of there gauges? I wanted to use em in an Impala but now i don't know...

18. Where have you been? It is owned by very enthusiastic "Hot Rod Enthusiasts",who happen to be from Japan. Due a search for threads about "Mooneyes Tokyo" shows,lots of bitchen rides.;)

19. KeithDyer

KeithDyer

Ahhhhh...I remember when you could walk in that store and Dean was behind the counter eating popcorn and drinking Port wine!!!

And I don't think there was a part from China on the place, K

20. So, which instrumentation is made is USA? I tried a search for Classic Instruments (their name is on some Moon gauges I looked at) to see if I could find country of origin & didn't see it - Japan? China? USA? Stewart Warner appears to be Mexican, I couldn't find country of origin for AutoMeter. Any others known to be USA made? I don't want Chinese junk for sure. Sadly it's hard to get away from that stuff anymore. I don't mind the Japanese stuff but prefer USA made gauges.

21. 427c.i.

427c.i.

Classic's are American made, my one time calling their tech department was a pleasant experience. Answered my questions and were very helpful.
    http://www.classicinstruments.com/ they are also an Alliance vendor.

22. lawman

lawman

I would not buy a "Last breath of air from these people"!!!.I ordered a set of 59 Caddy tail lights from them three years ago. Waited treee weeks and GOT ONE TAIL LIGHT from them by UPS. I called ( my dime) them and some "Kid" said that they thought that I was building a Motorbike!!! Never ever again!!!!

23. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still havent gotten my stuff. Cant get an answer out of them as to where it is either.

24. Sounds like the items I wanted to get from them isn't worth the effort and risk. Since the gauges I want are made by Classic Instruments I'll go to them. Doc, how long has it been?? That's crazy, I don't know how long they expect to stay in business doing stuff like that. Sounds like they have a bad case of DGAS - Don't Give A Shit -about customer service.

25. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

I ordered a steering wheel from them and it showed up with out the horn button and the chrome flaking. One phone call and another one was on the way and they payed the return shipping on the bad one. No complaints here!

26. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Its getting on for 5 months now.

27. rare32

rare32

I run a small parts shop down under and we stock some Moon stuff. I have had mixed results with orders, some have taken 2 months, other just a few days. Sometimes the communication is good...sometimes bad. If I have to order an item from Moon I will tell my customer the truth, Moon can be very slow with delivery.
    If I can order an equivalent part from another supplier I will do so. I will also sometimes get Moon products from other dealers to keep a customer happy (at extra expence unfortunatley)
    It can be very frustrating trying to get products from a supplier, as the face of retail we have to see the person we are dealing with so if a supplier lets you down its me who rings and says "sorry but there will be a delay/price rise or the item is NLA" , not the supplier.

Last year we had a gauge/wiring/wiper manufacturer who had 75% of its inventory on backorder for 8 weeks....... in that time our $$ dropped 30% compared to the USA so when my order was finally ready it was a dam sight more expensive!!
    I also lost 2-3 sales because we lacked the stock listed on our site

A lot of smaller companies it is much easier to pick up the phone and call, maybe this is the case with Mooneyes.

28. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Hey dude relax the wait is over... check it out isn't it rad ? 8 pages and you ask on nearly every one about a picture when the guy said he didn't want to post one, hope you enjoy.. once he gets his part from Mooneyes he can finish it dont worry.
    [​IMG]

29. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

By the way Doc PM me I live like 15 minutes from santa fe springs and if they havn't sent your part yet I'll work something out with you and pick it up and ship it for you. Surprised another local guy hasn't offered yet..
    Considering all the problems everyone is having with ordering stuff they dont have in stock and taking forever to get their orders I should start a side job running down there to pick'm up in person and ship'm out so they actually get to where they're going.. I'll call it.. "To the Moon! Middle man service".. its 5am.. sorry guys ha..
    Anthony

30. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DUDE! You let the cat....err......cat car out of the bag!
    Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on it. It seems that the item's were miss addressed and was sent back to them! Don't know where the hell it it.
    However Mark, sorry you are not ever going to see my car now, not as I was building it. I had to sell it so I could eat, you know that helps!
    Anthony, I will PM you.
    Doc.