Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes Co.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotweel, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Hotweel

Hotweel

Most people are quick to bitch when things go wrong but I just wanted to say that I had an excellent experience with Moon. I ordered some brackets for a used 5 gallon Moon tank that I picked up in Sac. 2 weeks ago. I called toll free Tues. morning and spoke with a competent young lady. I also ordered a water recovery tank. The stuff showed up in Reno less than 48 hours later and the quality is A+!! Thanks MQQN!!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. I dont get it..... :confused:

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yup. 2 day shipping from California to Nevada.

4. Hotweel

Hotweel

Yeah, it would have been more interesting had it taken 10 days to get here, crap quality, damaged or wrong parts. I guess now days I'm just stoked when things work out like they are supposed to.

5. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

I heart MOON.

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Never had a bad experience with them. Plus, they have the best bbq and Xmas Show around.

7. 26 roadster

26 roadster

always good stuff, but you PAY for them eyes!

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've dealt with them and had the same good experiences as mentioned. Their people who answer the phones seem to know their stuff and are friendly to boot.

Don

9. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

What don't you get?

10. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I stopped in there while on vacation, and Dean Moons kid himself showed me all around the place, including how they make the discs, and where Carrol Shelby built his prototype Cobra. Great people.

11. Cross Rodder

Cross Rodder

Cant say enough good things about Moon. Great products, people and service. There promotional events are top notch and always a blast.

12. I was wondering the same thing :eek: What's not to get about the post?

13. corpsewheelie

corpsewheelie

i love ordering from them, i was going to order my 14 gallon moon tank from them yesterday but they were still unloading from Bonneville so ill put it off until sat.

14. So, you ordered parts and got them :confused:

I can see raving them if they went above and beyond, but, a standard order and got them. Do you call all the 800 numbers and compliment the drivers on the 1-800-how am I driving stickers?

15. Hotweel

Hotweel

Man, there's some people that could stand to use a good laxative.

16. Yeah, but when they were done someone would have to go in and pick up thier clothes.
    I've dealt with them ( Moon ) several times and was very pleased each time.

17. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

MOON was Cool when I was a kid ... MOON is Cool now!! bought some stuff from them out on the salt, great bunch!!! Chris

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think the same young lady answered the phone when I called a while back. Very knowledgeable and friendly and the part arrived quickly. They will be making a perfect copy of the original Moon tank on my Lyndwood rail. Bob

19. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

You get what you pay for....and I don't mind paying them eyes!!! They've been around forever...located in SoCal...and I'll support them. We need more great companies like this.

20. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Perhaps people are surprised at good customer service since Mooneyes is now a Japanese company?

21. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

We might have a complaint about foreigners owning a company formerly owned by Americans...but where were the Americans stepping up with their cash to buy it?

22. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Same story with us, also had the great pleasure to talk to the late Fred Larsen who was still working there well into his eighties. Every one there is doing it because they love it.

23. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Mooneyes ROCKS!.....and their Tee Shirts are made in the good'ol USA!.....and they don't cost an arm and a leg, unlike SO-CAL. I'm just say'n.

24. Mike

Mike

Believe it or not, Mooneyes has been Japanese owned for over 20 years now.

Thier record of providing good products and good customer service is well established.

25. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

dont forget the mooneyes show on saturday december the 8th..irwindale speedway,always a great show.

26. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I have no problem with Shige Suganuma owning Mooneyes. With out his vision to purchase/re-open the company after Dean's death, Moon may have shut its doors for good. I think he and his crew are doing a great job!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  27. Fenders

Fenders

That's nice and it's a shame that we now almost expect things to come late, be wrong, or not work.

So we get stoked when a company does what all companies should do....

Sad comment on today's companies.....

28. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Oh, I know it and have no problem there, just don't tell my father-in-law who thinks the war never ended.

Guys here just love to bitch and moan about stuff like that and now here they are bitching and moaning because somebody posted a positive experience with a vendor.

Seems like if you ain't bitchin' about something you're out of place here.

29. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My son and I were at Bonneville at the Mooneyes trailer. While Tyler was trying to make up his mind which one to buy, The guy walks out of the trailer and hands the kid one of the 5" stickers they had. I know its not much to us older guys, a simple sticker and all, but it made that kids day. They are alright in my book no matter where they are from.