Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes 1965 year cut off... C'MON, REALLY?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J CRUZ, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

Chico can do what ever the hell he wants-------------if there is a change,it's for good reason.

2. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

Everybody has their own personal taste in cars, trucks, vans, etc. But Mooneyes needs to keep the cutoff where it is in my opinion! There are plenty of streetrod car shows and musclecars and minitrucks, it kills the whole experience to see late model cars at a show intended to exclude them.:eek:

3. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Who cares dont go im not lol.Theres a ton more going on some where .I shop at speedway:)

4. If you want to see late model stuff, check out the girls George Barris has on his arm. He must have mighty uncomfortable seats in his car. He has to constantly massage their butts.

5. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I would have cut it off at 1963... that way there would be NO POSSIBILITY of Mustangs showing up!! Or the Beatles!!!

6. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

Fair enough, Points made.

I just hope someone puts together a show that'll include late sixties early seventies stuff without all the crap we hate. I think it's more the people who attend that really keep it traditional. Not that were all young guy's but what is awesome about the show is that it caters to a youthful appreciation of the hobby with a real sense of history. There are tons of horrible pre 65 cars that just seem to stay away from the show (thank god), so raising the cut off wouldn't effect that in my opinion. Many of my hot rod friends as well as chopper friends have been heading in that direction (late 60's early 70's) for awhile now so I wanted to see other peoples opinions on the cut off.

Erock805 gets it!

I won't even comment on the "junkyard" quote.

7. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

Yeah I'm for the cut off dates I'm tired of going to a car shows with 10 red 70 chevelles with big blocks or 15 69 camaros they are good cars but sometimes it gets annoying and what gets really annoying is when they take all the trophies. It sucks when some rare car from the 40's gets nothing and half the trophies go to mustangs and camaros.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  8. oldpaint

oldpaint

"Back to the 50s" has a cut off at 64 and they get over 11,000 cars.

Best thing about 64 and older...it keeps the mustangs out! :D

9. I have to think you picked the wrong place to make that argument - after all, the HAMB has the same year cutoff rule, and well, it works for here, so...

Also, if you start your own show and let in the 66-80 cars in, call it the Suneyes show, because I'd just as soon stare into the sun as look at some of those things.

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

...or the endless line of STOCK Corvettes with each of the drivers wearing those God-awful sunglasses and golf shirts, or the new Mustangs anyone can buy from the dealer...

R-

11. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Trophys? :rolleyes:

12. sr

sr
    from Monterey

I wonder it that cut off date effects the Crookville roadsters and glass cars. Will they stand at the gate with a magnet and another person ID the issues on the crookville body to keep them out?
    1965 and earlier Facsimile cars........

13. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

-
    Hey what's wrong with vans, mines 4 years under the cut off date? :D

14. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

your van is the shit though!!!

15. 5window

5window

Yeah,yeah, yeah--kind of hard to argue with HAMBers that you can build a traditional hot rod out of a 70's car.

16. if they outlawed four doors also the show it would be perfect.

17. Cruiser

Cruiser

J CRUZ<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4578113", true); </SCRIPT> - It's simple there is only so much room to park cars. Besides there are only so many staff to run the show and keep a good experience for the entries. Mooneyes did the right thing with there cut off point, I for one don't want to park next to a jacked up Gasser or street freak. :D

"Keeping it low and slow".

CRUISER :cool:

18. hellbird

hellbird

adapt to your surroundingz

19. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

So what's keeping the 57 chevy turds with billet wheels, Pro touring Red 65 Mustangs and stock 63 Vettes out of the show now? It's not the cut off it's the people interested in attending! Including 60's-70's would not change that.

20. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Lame,considering I've seen,as well as many others,some pretty clean 4 door customs,rods and lowriders. Look back to the 40's through early 60's,especially wagons.

21. Mercchev

Mercchev

Ah, C'mon Roger...I own a golf shirt. I wear it to change my oil. :)

22. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Early cutoff dates are for snobs. I say make it enjoyable,and at the earliest hit a '70 cutoff date. If you're going to pull a pre-'65,then all the cars running post-'65 motors,brake setups,repop parts,etc. shouldn't be allowed either

23. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I will one day own a pair of plaid golf pants.:cool:

24. sixfink

sixfink
    from Germany

pro-what???

Man, you're ruining years of therapy there...!

I mean, I came here for a reason. Finally a message board with NO poly bushings, NO "flaming river" and "total control", and NO ridiculously big rims.

;)

... '65 seems to be a good cutoff year though, by the way. The local "oldtimer"-rallye held annually in my town sports the very same cutoff date. Does a good job of keeping out the post-65 wannabes (but does a lousy job of keeping out the pre-65 wannabes who don't even know how many friggin cylinders their dang jaguar XK has. Well at least they always have beautiful young chicks which I like to look at. The skimpier their dresses, the better!)

25. God, are they in Colorado too? We have more than our share around here. They should have a show just for those guys with huge trophies so they stay the hell away from real shows/events!

26. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

LOL Jeff...matter of fact, I own several of them, all silkscreened with an event on the back, howsomeever, I do not own a Corvette, nor have you even seen me wearing sunglasses...and I change my own oil as well...besides, just because you change your oil in a golf shirt doesn't make you any better than the rest of us...!!!

R-

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  27. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

28. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

There's people like that with Pre-65 also. There are a lot more buyers than builders out there,and no matter what the cutoff date is,you're going to have them at a show.

29. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

30. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Call 1(800) 547-5422 & ask for Chico Kodama
    Then whine to him about the cut-off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.