Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moon Tank on Roadster - What size?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goatdave, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Goatdave

Goatdave

I love the look of a moon tank hanging off the front of a roadster. What size is typical? I'm thinking 3 1/2 gallon tank is what you typically see. The reason I'm asking is I have a chance to get a 5 gallon Moon tank and brakets for a good price but worried its too big.

BTW, I love this site - I wouldn't have started my project without having a great resource like this. At age 45, I'm delving into my first home build and it can be daunting. Thanks again. Happy 4th.

2. 5 gal is kinda large.

3. walls

walls

there was a two gallon on my A when i bought it. i think it looked right. 5 gallon sounds too big.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about none? That is the most copy cat me too thing that gets stuck on cars. unless you are going to actually race the car and need the tank for that. Way too much, It serves no purpose but all the cool guys got one so I have to have one too.

5. Ran this 3 1/2 gal in the 60's. It wasn't a "me too" deal. It was a "must have" when the car raced with the Hilborns on weekends. 5 gal is too big.

[​IMG]

6. Goatdave

Goatdave

that's what I thought - too big - good deal though - $100 brand new with brakets never mounted.

I was going to use it as a puke tank. Oh well, I'll keep looking

7. $100 is cheep enough to buy and flip. Use the profits to offset the cost of a proper size tank.

8. Like Rich says, That's too good of a deal to pass up. Just make sure it's truly a MOON equipment tank and not some cheaper knockoff. That would make the deal not so sweet.

9. yes , we do...2-1/2 gallon. it's my radiator overflow

[​IMG]

10. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

I bought a 5 gallon tank (it was cheap) and had it cut down to 2 1/2 dimensions fits ok on the front of my A.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

[​IMG]
    Makes a great overflow.

12. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Two and a half gallon.

13. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Copycat? Copycat? gee...half the stuff we do to our cars is because we saw something someone else did and we liked it? To whoever was badmouthing MQQN® tanks as being 'copycat', may I assume you're running stock wheels, and stock windshield height - no mulitple carbs, unless they are on a manifold of YOUR design and manufacture?

dj