The Jalopy Journal
Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R.Otto, Mar 14, 2010.
Are there really dry lake beds?
I am I am saying Edison park 3rd friday of every month 6:30 we can talk about doing a run there, see how it goes if its not a great place well switch locations, lets at least get it together first without bullshitting for months we will start in april.
Good idea. Are you also taking on the responsibility for the required permits and fees?
Hey joe keep me posted i'm in for edison
not after that rain storm we just got
Those pesky rules and regulations..
Edison Park Rules and Regulations....
IV. GROUP USE/MEETINGS/EXHIBITIONS
1. No group shall use a County Park or Recreation Area without first obtaining a group use permit. Group use shall be limited to designated areas. Adult supervision of children's groups is required at all times.
2. Open grove areas are for small family picnics and do not require a permit. Groups that wish to picnic in a reservable area will be required to obtain a permit. There will be no alcohol permits issued for picnics using the open grove areas.
3. No persons shall call or hold any meetings or give any concert or public entertainment of any kind within a County Park or Recreation Area without first having obtained written permission in advance from The Director of County Parks and Recreation no later than one (1) month before the proposed date of use.
4. No person shall use loudspeakers, public address systems or amplifiers within a County Park or Recreation Area without first having obtained written permission in advance from The Director of County Parks and Recreation. Nor shall any portable radio, tape player, compact disc player or musical instrument be played in such a manner as to create a nuisance.
5. Public assemblies, meetings, demonstrations, religious activities, the sale and distribution of printed matter, and other public expressions of views conducted under the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States and the State of New Jersey upon the lands of the Middlesex County Park System are permitted provided that a permit has been issued by The Director of Parks and Recreation or his duly designated representative.
To ensure public safety and the protection of park resources and values and to avoid assigning the same location and time to two or more activities, the Park System may manage these activities by regulating the time, location, number of participants, use of facilities, and number and types of equipment to be used, but not the content or message.
Permits, Passes and Reservations Info:
If Edison doesn't work out, take a look at Wall Stadium. They are hosting a car show from 6-9 PM on the second Friday of the month from April through October. If we get a reasonable number of attendees they might allow us to block off a HAMB area.
so that's it for a "trial" friday night, april 23,10, - 6:30 P.m.- at Edison park, behind Middlesex County College, not Roosevelt Park, correct? a permit would be OK, but might be unnecessary this time only, lets see how many show, and go from there?
Corrected. Im not worried about permits for the first time out
Since I work 2nd shift, friday nights are out for me.
Now not to hi jack your idea here, but if anyone wants to meet up on the weekend let me know.
How about a meet and greet at the Cowtown swap meet?
Good Luck guys wiith Edison meet and greet
ill be there. next sunday right?
I'll be at the swap meet. I'm up in central jersey for a few months on an assignment for work and am having withdrawl. I had to leave all my tools and hotrods in Houston!! If anyone needs a hand with their project let me know.
any good at tuning an edelbrock carb ?
free labor. sure sure you can come help out. where at in central nj?
Pat yes it's next sunday
Now we have a place
all we need now is a time
Cowtown swap meet
Salem County Fair Grounds
Rt40 Woodstown NJ
I'm in Princeton.
only problem with a county park is you have to be out by sunset will only give us like a hr
Im sure no one will kick us out and if they do well move somewhere else
Suggestion for Cowtown - get there early. Rt 40 is one lane each way and will be a cluster fxxk getting in and out. Last time I went I got there at 7:00 left to go home about 10:00 AM and the traffic was backed up probably 2-3 miles coming from Turnpike/295.
so how many people are up for this ?
Just some ideas for some rides. The people I used to ride vintage scooters with did rides like this on saturdays and sundays. We always met up at around 6am and rode all day. We usually took state highways or back roads. We did northern NJ and southern NJ routes. Some guys would start to the meet up spot around 5am. We were pretty hardcore about riding as much as we could on one day.
This route is a 101 mile route from the Bendix Diner in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ to Lambertville, NJ. It starts out on Route 46, but at 6am there is no one on the road. Sure the ride out of Bergen County is not much to look at, but its like driving out to western NJ for a family vacation back in the 1930-1950s. Once you get past Wayne, NJ, Route 46 starts to calm down a bit. You leave Rt. 46 at Hackettstown, NJ and head towards backroads.
Check out the route:
Northern NJ Ride #1
Maybe someone from southern NJ can do a route down there.
"Maybe someone from southern NJ can do a route down there"
well here in CNJ just follow ELD route to Hillsboro then head to Hopewell and Lambertville is just down the road. All back roads too.
I'm in for Edison Park the 23rd.
Thats a tight journey...I like that...nice roads, and woods...hell, if it ends in Lamberville, I'm jumping ship for New Hope, and getting me some Taco Loco!
I like the ELD path, and this too...
So Since its going to rain tonight well meet the 23rd
R.Otto - Friday April 23, 2010 - Edison Park, Edison, N.J. ? Behind Middlesex County College - (there is a new strip mall out in front of the college on Woodbridge Ave., if we get chased from the park at dark, and there is Food in the strip mall! lotsa parking too!)
Directions - easily accessible from the Tpke., Parkway, 287, and Route 1 -
Tpke. (No. or So.) off at Exit 10, stay to right at Toll follow Rt.514 West, past front of College, make a left on Mill Road, entrance to park, 1/4-1/2 mile on left -
Pkwy (from North) - south to exit for Route 1 south, off at exit, route 1 south to jughandle left at sign for "bonhamtown" to "T" on Wdbg. Ave. turn right, follow above
Pkwy (from South) - north to over bridges, stay right, to Rt. 287 north, stay to right follow signs to Tpke/514West, stay to left onto 514 Wset, follow above -
287 (from North) south to exit for Route 1 south, puts you off on Main St. So. straight to T at Wdbg. Ave. turn right,follow above -
Rt.1 (from South)- north into Edison, get off on So. Main St. Bonhamtown, straight to Wdbg. Ave. follow above -
Rt.1 - (from North) - south into Edison, make jughandle left, at exit for Bonhamtown, straight to Wdbg. Av. as above -
Hope this helpful for all -
Thank you Big John that is quite helpful
So April 23rd it is?
Can't make it on the 23rd but if all goes well and its done again I'll try to be there.
So who's all in for this coming Friday Night, 4/23/10 - 6:00-6:30 P.M. Edison Park, behind Middlesex County College, Edison, (see directions in post above) Weather report - 65 degrees, mostly sunny! Let's give it a try!!!
Separate names with a comma.