Register now to get rid of these ads!

Montgomery Wards! ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old wood 51, Dec 15, 2007.

1. finn

finn

I had a set of Riverside tires on my 65 289/225 Mustang in 1969. My mother thought they must have been a cheap, low quality tire since the rears only lasted one summer.

I bought a set of knock off Centerline style mags , maybe Fenton’s, cast Aluminum, with bolts screwed around the perimeter of the cast aluminum center, for my 55 Chevy from JCPenney in 1974 or so. They had a lot of speed equipment.

Deuces likes this.
  2. metlmunchr

metlmunchr

I bought a set of chrome reverse wheels at JC Penney in 68 for my 56 Chevy. 15x7.. $12.49 each. When I sold the car 5 years later the chrome was still good.

Funny thing about wheel prices....when I bought those chromed wheels, Torque Thrusts were about $45 for the same size. Today, the original pattern TTs are about 3X what they cost back then. But chrome reverse are about 8X or more of their late 60's price.

Deuces and Crazy Steve like this.
  3. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i recently had to go to bakersfield ca to the federal building. right down the street was a woolworth store. remember them? it is and was the first one and still open. just thought it was kind a cool. it has the old soda fountain too.to

Deuces likes this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

In Australia, Woolworth was called the "BIG W" I'm not sure if one is still there in my old neighborhood... I gotta look it up....

5. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

.....This picture brings back some memories.... This one opened up in 1960.... Warrawong.jpg

6. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

metlmunchr : I too got my chrome reverse at JC Penneys, by 1970 they cost $14.00 pr/wheel in 15”x7”. They are still on the back of my ‘52 Customline, and the chrome is hanging in there. By 1971 when I went back for the two 15”x 6” for the front, they had gone up to $15.00 pr/wheel : DADBF166-1F0B-4979-BF6C-6A0527DC8B0F.jpeg

metlmunchr and Deuces like this.
  7. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Montgomery Ward sold guitars under the Airline name back in the 60's. Picked up a Gibson style knock off of the Gibson 335 back then. Good guitar, sounded and played good and was affordable. It somehow disappeared when I was drafted in 69. I've looked for one off and on for years with no luck.

Deuces likes this.
  8. outagas1961

outagas1961

iv'e got a chest deep freezer my grandmother bought from Wards in 1964 and gave to me when i moved into my house in 95. ITS STILL RUNNING FINE!! when it finaly dies someone else will have to move it out. that sucker weighs a ton.

Deuces likes this.
  9. southcross2631

southcross2631

The motorcycles were Jawa a Czech company. I ran J.C. Penny slicks on my 65 Comet stock eliminator car ,they worked good.
    The worst day of my dad's life is when the Sears catalog went to shiny paper. The last years issue was in the out house and the recent one was by his chair.
    He never shopped at Sears again after the shiny paper disaster.

10. Budget36

Budget36

My first cassette recorder came from MW. Second came from Longs. Both long gone. As a kid I never noticed car related stuff, seems my mom always shopped for the Blue chip stamps. Green ones were weak. Lol. Who had the orange ones?