Register now to get rid of these ads!

monte. b from downunder ,

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by monteb, Dec 26, 2006.

1. monteb

monteb

,gooday all just joined up and thought id introduce myself , i live in southport ,on the gold coast ,queensland australia , im a member of the ozrodders site here , and one of the blokes told me about this site , im computer dumb and type with one finger , im a boilermaker by trade . i built a 36 ford tourer out of an old beaten up sedan , i chopped the roof off and shortened it 2ft ,welded up the rear doors ,and channelled it 6ins over a box section chassis i built myself. its got a 351 cleveland engine with a c4 auto and a 9in diff its on full rego and been on the road for 18mths ,, .I have started another project a 32 ford roadster pickup , ive built a 316 stainless chassis for it and polished it ,its got the same running gear as the 36 , the body is fibreglass its about half finished ,anyway enough of my ramblings , ill have a look at the site now ,hope to make some new friends here too , regards ,monte.b

2. compact

compact

hey monte, i decided to invade the HAMB too today.....its your thread mate so i wont go into my ramblings here.......im off to check out the site:D

catch ya soon

Darren

3. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Monte
    You got any pictures of your cars? Welcome to H.A.M.B.
    Do you know Dave over at "Old Tin Australia"? Say Hi for me if you do.
    Butch

4. Creature13

Creature13

Welcome... Happy New Year!

5. monteb

monteb

Hi Butch - here a couple pics of my cars, Sorry mate dont know Dave - it is a big country over here!!!:) :)
    This is the Chassis of the 32 I am currently fighting oops I mean building at the moment:) :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

& this is my 36

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cheers...monteb

6. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

Man that is nice Monty.They both look good..

7. pecker head

pecker head

Welcome from TEXAS , AC/DC rules

8. monteb

monteb

gooday mate , whats happening in the good old usa , do you own a rod ,or are building one or what , my 36 was a big job as i did all the work myself , but you learn so much from the first one ,it makes the second one easyer , i belong to ozrodders .com ,take a look one day ,we have lots of yanks on it ,hope you dont mind me calling you yanks ,its just a slang word thats been around since ww2 , not that im that bloody old ,anyway nice to meet you and hope to hear from you again ,regards ,Monte.b

9. Road Devil In Oz

Road Devil In Oz
    from Australia

Hey mate, nice to see others getting around, check out my space page Road Devil In Oz.

10. monteb

monteb

gooday road devil , mate i just typed in a reply and pushed the wrong button and lost the bloody thing ,anyway , what sort of club is it you are in , rod and custom or what , i cant say i remember hearing of it , well you live in the best part of aussie for sure ,Queensland , beautiful one day perfect the next , no you blokes we are not all Queens , old Jon our ex premier banned them i think , anyway i better have a look around as its a big site hey , they have got lots of people here havnt they , regards ,Monte.b

11. hi from down south

12. monteb

monteb

gooday mate how are you ,i see you are from texas , i like a couple of country singers from down your way , willy nelson ,waylon jennings, i saw a dvd recently ,called waylon and friends about those boys ,merle kilgore ,,hank williams jr , george jones ,rodger miller ,and lots more , , i guess you arent into country music going by your post there ,ac dc ,ive heard of them ,not my cup of tea though ,,is that your car the a model sedan , can i see some pics ,got to hit the sack now ,work in the morning catch you later mate , regards ,Monte.b

13. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

My auntie came round at christmas with her old photos from when she used to hang out with ACDC and skyhooks, Bon scott in his undies making coffee, angus stoned to the eyeballs in his school uniform...some really cool stuff and a shitload of autographs-

14. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Oh and welcome Monte, fancy seeing a streetrodder like you around here :D

15. monteb

monteb

,how are you goin nekro , i ment to ask you whats with the name , there is a few of us aussies on here , old compact is here and you a few others and me ,i think im here , , im an old country music bloke myself , and a bit of rock and roll , like most stuff really just not headbanging shit ,with the bass thumping ,rubbish , catch you on ozrodders mate ,regards ,Monte.b

16. pecker head

pecker head

dude (mate) I love contry music , but when i'm thrashing on hot rods I listen to heavy metal , preferably AC/DC :D I love TEXAS but I hope someday to see the downunder , you can see more of my junk at the post (Visited Peckerhead 28) on thread search . Willie & Waylon ( GOD rest his sole ) RULE . And George Jones is the original party
    animal . word :rolleyes:

17. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Haha so many people ask me about my name...just call me Luke or Nekro :rolleyes:

18. Hi Monte, I'm a newbie here myself, from Toowoomba. Very nice work on those rides! man that's some skills. -Pete.

19. monteb

monteb

thanks pete , how is things on the big hill , getting a bit hot up there yet , do you have a rod mate or building one or just thinking about it , im finding parts are getting a bit expensive , been trying to make as much myself as i can to save some money ,ive got the 32 rpu on ebay at the moment ,i you know anybody that wants to buy it have a look in collectible cars on ebay .au ,if i cant get what i want for it ill finish it off and probbly keep it ,regards ,Monte.b

20. Hey Monte. good luck with the auction. I've passed on the details to a few mates but they seem more interested in muscle cars.

I have a '54 F100 (with flathead power) on the way and I also have a '54 FJ ute (I put up some pics - if you search my Username you should find them) as well as a HJ Monaro and LC Torana coupe so I'm pretty right for projects at the moment.

The big swap is on up here next month, I imagine you'll be up here for that one.

-Pete.