Register now to get rid of these ads!

MONSTER TECH II...Or how to sharpen your Crayolas like Big Daddy.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Brad S.

Brad S.

Man that's good stuff. Inpiring too.

I didn't realize you used a tablet. Do you use it for almost everything? I know if I break down and get one it'll be damn near the only thing I use to draw with. Maybe that's what I need to get back the "want to".

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Blacksix.....

I use the tablet for everything digital.....and to be quite honest....for any traditional art....I sketch it out on the Mac and just use my crappy printer to punch out my drawings..... then I transfer my sketch(s) onto what ever board/canvas or surface am going to use to produce a traditional piece of art.

3. Barrows

Barrows
    from Union ME

Jeff you are a great insperation to us all! Thank you!

4. meteor

meteor

Awesome tutorial man! Thanks for taking the time to put that together and share.

I bought my Painter 9 and Wacom tablet together as bundle (great deal!). Even though I haven't had much time to explore painter, I use the pen/tablet for almost everything in Photoshop and Illustrator.

For those of you that are proficient in Illustrator, you'll be amazed at how it feels to draw bezier curves with the pen (if you don't already). I find my hand is more relaxed, fluid, and it seems faster - maybe because there is more precise hand-eye coordination needed with the mouse.

Great work Jeff!

5. Janne

Janne

Thank you Jeff! It was time to found this thread.:)

6. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

well, better late than never. I'm bringin this puppy back to life. Thanks for all of this helpfull info.

I am definitely going to get one of these tablets. Which tablet are you useing?

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Wow.... back from the dead!!!!
    rufstoksilver/

I have a Wacom Intous II and a brand new Intous III..... both are 12x12 size....
    I really love them.

8. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

Jeff~
    are you sttill using the same software today, as you were 2 years ago when this thread was started?

I am currently using Photoshop7.0 and have gotten pretty comfortable with it. I am curious which corel program you would suggest as I want the freedom to draw original art as well as paint photos. I want the freedom to continue to print clear standard legal size stuff and in addition do hangable wall art size stuff.

This may be o/t as it doesn't involve the application of the software, but who the hell is lookin at this dead thread anyways ? ... haha

9. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey Jeff Norwell,
    Thanks for sharing this with us! A great thread!
    Please feel free to post these again if you like?

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I just bought a new mac..A Imac.....I did not feel the need to buy a tower and spend stupid money on items i never will use.
    To answer your question.. yes....i still run CS2 and now upgraded to Painter X.
    I use Painter exclusively,I only use photoshop to send the finals to clients.
    Saying all that,.... nothing has changed.
    Some like to paint in Photoshop and produce amazing results....I just prefer painter for my digital work.The only change is I have bought NEW TABLET... A Wacom 3.......just for the new system...
    I keep my old Mac Tower and wacom on standby..... incase of a jam.
    Also...if your more of a PC person...all above is available for a PC setup.

hope that help!:)

11. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx