Register now to get rid of these ads!

Monroeville,PA."32"5w

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bschwoeble, Jun 17, 2012.

1. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Hey
    I'm on sort of a hunt. I grew up in the Turtle Creek/Monroeville area of PA. Jimmy Octavian had a channeled "32" Ford 5w coupe. It had a small block Chevy in it. Bud Holmes built the car and then sold it to Jim. It was painted Titian Red. Loyd Smeltz and Jim were good friends and raced together. I lost track of the car in the early 60's. Does anybody remember the car and what happened to it? Thanks Bill Schwoeble

2. Bill, welcome to the HAMB from the Latrobe area.
    I have NO idea about the car as I'm not "from here", but there is another thread going about southwest PA hambers planning a get-together. I'd bet that one of those guys "knows a guy who knows a guy..." Good luck!

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I grew up around that area and don't remember a channelled 32 like that. When I first saw your thread I thought you were talking about Harry Luzader's 32, he was from Monroeville, but this is a different car. Was it fenderless, or motorcycle fenders, or what ?

Don

4. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Don
    The "32" I'm talking about was channeled with cycle fenders. It was around before Harry got his "32".Harry's deuce is in Monroeville area,but hasn't seen the light of day in about 30 years.

5. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

I remember reading about the 32 5 window in Hot Rod magazine years ago, I heard it is still parked in Monroeville Pa. Why it has not moved I don't know.

Ago

6. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

There was a blue 32 5win. channeled and cycle fenders in the South Park, Bethel park area in the late 60s. It was always parked at the Amoco gas station at the entrance to Corrigan drive and rt. 88.

Ago

7. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Ago
    I remember seeing a blue channeled deuce sitting in a gas station on my way to the old P.I.D. It sat there for the longest time. If I had Bill Horns phone number,I'd ask him. He seems to know where all the cars from the area are or went.
    Bill

8. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

exwestracer
    If you get any info on southwest PA.get-together,I'd appreciate the info.Thanks
    Bill

9. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Bill,
    Look for the post on Southwestern Pa. Meet at Mon City Eat & Park at 8:30 am.

Ago