Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Monroe Swap meet next weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boeing Bomber, May 5, 2011.

1. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

We'll be there Fri. & Sat. on "the stage". Bringing LOTS of stuff, bring $$$, get a beer!!!!

2. pigpen1

pigpen1

hey dynaflash I have a set of splash aprons if ya dont find any.

3. pigpen1

pigpen1

hey boing bomber i have 46 2dr sedan rear seat.needs new hide on it. and bumpers

4. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Sold mostly $1-$20 items. A couple of bigger ticket items also. It all adds up at the end of the day.

5. I picked up a complete rust free 70s pick up bed complete with tail gate thats perfect, dual gas tanks, all gas lines and diverter switch for $250 delivered and it has a nice chrome bumper with heavy duty trailer hitch. Rust free just doesn't sound right for a 1970s truck bed!! LOL! I also picked up a nice set of 9" 4:11s for my 1929 Whippet for $10. My brother picked up a vintage Lakewood two piece scatter shield with block protector plate for $40. I also got sun burned!!!!! Saw K-Member , Shaggy's Dad and a bunch of other friends I haven't seen since last year.

6. Found a Chrome 56 F100 Grille( not super nice) buy hey it was $20 dollars. Bought some other little trinkets for my truck . Rabid Whippet, I think I saw that pick up bed, did the older gentleman in the back under the Fir trees have it ? If that was a heck of deal.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  7. It was on the east side and made into a trailer. The weird thing is that the paint is all original and the bed isn't even scratched up? He just wants the Axle out of it so I might just install my rusty bed on it and use it to haul stuff. When he picks up the axle, he is going to bring the hood for another $25.
    Oh and I picked up some 1950 Pontiac tail lights with blue dots for $50. Repops but what the hell. At least they are all glass.

8. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

I got skunked!! Missed all the right side '28/'29 "A" Tudor fenders (probably because we got held up Saturday morning at the border for an hour and a half with all the cross-border shoppers going down to the Outlet Mall!!). Only found one set of good rears but the seller didn't want to split up the set. Probably should have mentioned that the "set" 's left rear was a '30/'31, but I held my tongue. Wanted a six bolt 302 Ford V8 bellhousing but all I saw were 5 bolts. Also struck out on 390 FE Ford headers, '56 Pmouth fenders and a host
    of other stuff. This was my first time at Monroe and I figured with the amount of stalls that surely I would be successful at finding something, but it was not to be. Oh well, the sounds of the cars practicing at the Speedway brought back some good memories about coming down back in the day and watching WELSCAR and WRA run and it was cool to see all those old parts even though I missed out on the ones I wanted. Abbotsford is coming up so maybe I can score there. As I well know, swaps are a hit and miss proposition, especially nowadays. Regards, Dave.

9. orcas tow

orcas tow

I had a great time, sold the 58 Dodge pickup, could have sold it a few times I think, all Canadians interested. Found a real nice 51-2 F-1 grill thats super straight for $50!

AV8 Dave, I have a used set of FE headers you can have if your on Orcas Island in the future, they were off about a 72 F-250 auto trans, nothing fancy but the owner wanted ceramic coated headers so we took these off, Iv'e had them at the last few swap meets but didn't bring them this time as I was short on space.

10. You know original Pontiac's were plastic lenses right?

11. pretty much skunked again. I was looking for a set of 1939 and 1940 olds tail lights and housings. Didnt find one for either year. also looked for something to use for a floating grille in my 53 Dodge truck. Nothing for that either. I did pick up a chrome aircleaner for 5 bucks though. anyone need a lid? I just needed the bottom.

12. Well if that was the case, I'm glad I got the Taiwanese made ones. LOL!!

13. Most vendors were saying that people weren't buying things . The whole parking lot was filled so attendance was there. I noticed that not many people carrying things this year. Killer deals on some cars if you had the money. I loved the 1964 Impala with the Tremec TKO, factory tilt etc for $20,000 . Everything was right on it.
    My buddy owns the light blue with flames 1958 Impala that was for sale in the car coral, cool 1960s custom. He was asking what other car dealers said it was worth He would have gone down way more than what he was asking hence the OBO.

14. weldoriam1

weldoriam1

I got the neatest heater from a milk truck at the Monroe swap on Sat, nice and small. Just got done bead blasting and repainting it tonight, it was only $10. I'm going to put it in the '36 three window chev.

15. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Very little pre-war stuff but I did find this wire holder for my shop

[​IMG]

16. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

My buddy owns the light blue with flames 1958 Impala that was for sale in the car coral, cool 1960s custom. He was asking what other car dealers said it was worth He would have gone down way more than what he was asking hence the OBO.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was the sweetest ride in the car coral. Normally I don't care for blue flames, but man, that WORKED. Also liked the red & white Stude pickup.

17. I thought that was the sweetest ride in the car coral. Normally I don't care for blue flames, but man, that WORKED. Also liked the red & white Stude pickup.[/QUOTE]

Its totally a 60s California custom.

Attached Files:

18. Here's a better picture. He was asking $32,000 but $25,000 and its yours!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  19. Stole a Cadillac style air cleaner and made the obligatory purchase at the cheap tool vendor's booth. Those stubby screwdrivers for a buck will work great for carb adjustments. The car corral was interesting. That red F100 for $12,500 was a heck of a buy. Someone else must have thought so too because it sold by the time we got back down the other side of the aisle. We talked a lot about the '58 Impala. It had a lot of good vibes going. Oh yeah, and my bald spot got really sunburned.

20. I was there. towing around my Hilborn Injection unit, on a hand truck, trying to sell it and gather up some extra bucks. Lot's of interest, but it never sold.
    I was looking for some pedestal mount headlight buckets for my latest project, found a few but no real matching pairs. The last building I cruised thru had a vendor with just what I wanted. I bought a new pair of headlights, in the box, MADE IN THE USA, for $60.00 bucks. Rushed right home, installed them on my 46 open wheeled truck, Crusty cruiser #3. Hour later, cruised my Crusty Cruiser #2 over to the XXX for the Saturday Cruise In.

Attached Files:

21. carbuilder

carbuilder

The only thing I was interested in was the 39 Zephyr rear end complete for my 36 hand formed roadster. Sales were real slow so cash was tight & the owner would not come down enough for me to spring. So I am still looking for a complete rear end. A few Hamber's stoped by & said high.

22. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

If i needed anouther project i woulda been all over the '51 olds hard top for $750

Or the 27 t that somebody started widening that went for $150

I did pickup that 31 chev racecar body, and i'm chasing it's history right now

Last edited: May 17, 2011