Register now to get rid of these ads!

Monday bicycles, BTT50's find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by surfacedoctor, Jun 26, 2006.

1. The meet and greet was a blast. Good to meet so mamy hambers in one place. Always good to see Titus, Johnny Cleche, StevieD, and others I see at swapmeets thru the summer. Mike L's Plymouth is better in person than any photo. I also got to meet the legendary BobK. Awsome chevy and awsome personality. Picked up this old bike at the swap on Sunday. Its a 37(?) Dayton Streamliner. Pretty rare peice. I'm shure our resident bike expert can shed more light on it.

Attached Files:

2. purple

purple

Sweet, I love The headlight and it's pretty neat how the frame sweeps back to the fender.

3. hightest

hightest

neat bike!

it looks like it came right out of terry gilliam's Brazil.

4. Thanks again for the magazine, SD , gotta see that Monza some time, nice to put some faces to names at the meet n greet Sat., I come across old bikes now and again ,I particularly like the springer types ,but I am not knowledgable on brands or values ,neat pedal pusher .:D

5. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Love that rear fender.................

6. Zerk

Zerk

You nailed it. Or maybe an episode of Max Headroom.

7. hemi

hemi

Cool bike, but what's the story on the IMSA-style Monza in the background? Is that a wide-body kit?

8. Ruiner

Ruiner

wow, the shop sure cleaned up nice...I'm glad you scored that bike at the swap...did you get it from patrick or titus?

9. ground_pounder

ground_pounder

i saw a few nice bikes out there, some with the larger tanks on them and even a old whizzer, kinda makes me regret cutting up or tossing old schwinn's long ago...

10. The bike didn't come from Patrick or Titus. A vendor with a lot of misc. stuff had it. Paid $75.00 for it. Sold it today to a collector/dealer for $500.00. I'm sure he wouldn't have bought it if he couldn't make money on it. The monza in the backround has an Olds Toronodo sub mounted in the back. All body mods are sheetmetal. A 76 Camero rear clip is used (opens up like a clamshell) to cover the wider track of the Olds frame. The car is not traditional, but built the traditional way i.e.ALL JUNK YARD PARTS.

11. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Nice deal on the turn around on the bike! Never seen a headlight assembly like that... very cool. Nice thing about the girls bikes...they usually survive in good shape...bad thing is not many people want to buy girls bikes!

I picked this up last week...went to get it and the guy handed me a pile of parts including the tank, rack and kickstand he had removed...deal!
    Plan on just putting new tubes and tires on and using it as is...until I get the urge to rod it out!

[​IMG]

12. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Well I know its not Monday, but here is my 48 Roadmaster Luxury Liner made by The Cleveland Welding Co. in Cleveland Ohio, I picked up at a pawn shop the other day. I read on the net that they reproduced them in the early 90's, so I am pretty sure this is a one of the repops. It has headlight, taillight, a really cool springer fork, and even a horn in the tank. Also here is my repop "Pea Picker" I got for Christmas last year. I know they are not the "real deal", but are a blast to ride anyway.

Attached Files:

13. Frank

Frank

Yeah I have a 1/12th scale diecast of that Roadmaster. You run across the diecast every now and then at swap meets. I talked to a guy who had one of the fullsize NOS repro's he was trying to sell for $800. He was telling me they sold for around $1200 when they came out or at least that's what some collectors payed for them. How much did you have to give at the pawn shop?

14. Frank

Frank

Do any of you guys ever see any wooden bikes? When I visited the Greenfield Village at the Henry Ford in Dearborn, I was looking at the bikes in the Wright Brother's shop. Some of the bikes and even the rims were made of wood. Highly polished. Didn't look like would until you looked close. Not sure what kind but it was very fine grain. I'm guessing any bike like that is over 100 years old and worth a fortune.

There is a person who lives near me who has two very old Schwins parked in a flower garden beside their house as ornaments. I keep meaning to stop by and see if they want to sell them. They have probably been asked before.

15. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx