Register now to get rid of these ads!

History "MOMMY's HOUSE" find?? Tom Kelly / Crazy Painters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LANCE-SPEED, Nov 6, 2011.

1. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

While visiting my mother, my wife was going through some old boxes and found this old biz card. It's printed on a blue metalic/reflectorized stock. It must be from the 50's due to the Custom City and the phone number?? Kelly is still striping out of his shop in Bellflower.
    [​IMG]

2. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Thats real cool What you gonna do with it frame and hang or ?????????????

3. bushwacker 57

bushwacker 57

I had Tom letter my 68 camaro D/G race car in 1970 we came down to run a points meet at orange county droped it off thurs picked it fri morning he charged me 75.00 in gold leaf with hi lite lettering . the shop at the time was off the 605 on to Alondra Blvd.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  4. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Still in Bellflower , one block off of Alondra , close to the 605 fwy . A good striper and a good friend . The current shop name is ,"Kelly and Son " since he now works along side his son Mitch .

5. I grew up 4 blocks west on Harris ave.....my gang (three white 9 year old's) rode our bikes and spent many summer days mesmerized watching Kelly work and also the car painter next to him.....He shared an alley/driveway with Custom City and Service Center was the next door down....Compton was great in the 60's.....The NE in the phone number was for "Newmark"

6. bushwacker 57

bushwacker 57

Philly was Toms shop called Kelly and Dick . after Barron. ?

7. I think the first one was Baron, Roth and Kelly...Then just Kelly....when he first moved to the Alondra shop it was Kelly and Dave for a short time, then with Mitch, then the move to where he's at now....

8. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

As for the Baron, I think Tom told me that he was his grandfather . Give him a call , he works everyday .

9. bushwacker 57

bushwacker 57

10-4 Mike.

10. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I'll keep it and put it with my biz card collection. I have some other cool ones

This find is special to me because I am also friends with Mitch and John.
    My son just graduated High School with Kellys grandson, Mitches son.
    In 1990 I needed some flames striped low on my 55 Buick, everyone I could afford wanted it on a lift and made exuses, Mitch said Ill have my dad do it and I told him I couldnt afford it. The next day at lunch time I took the old Buick in and Kelly striped it in about 20 minutes on his hands and knees, made no exuses and it cost me a lunch. From that point on he has always been my hero.

11. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Tom has always been one of the icons of the pinstriping community ans an all around good guy .

12. Tom is a hero. Ive learned more from him over the last few years than the previous 10. Hes always willing to teach. I have two kelly pieces in my collection. Treasures.