Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mokan robbed again.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by c_lay54, Jul 1, 2013.

1. I live about 45 min south of MOKAN dragstrip, and over the weekend some sorry a** punk has stolen 250 gallon's of their 112 octaine race fuel. If you hear of some one offering race fuel at a discount you are urged to notify them. They are offering a $2,000 reward.

2. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Wow! That Sucks, I will keep my ears and eyes open

3. I know this is off topic, but I figured that sense this is where the H.A.M.B. drags are held we could do something to help.

4. check with the area street racers.....sure that fuel will be burning soon....

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Back to the top for more eyes to see

6. jangleguy

jangleguy

7. Muttley

Muttley

The home of the HAMB Drags getting ripped off is never OT.

8. btt...............Thieves Suck!

9. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Pill seekers will literally carry away ANYTHING around here. I had a couple of really bad experiences last year with this . It makes me angry far beyond the value of the stolen goods for these bastards to hit someone's livelihood to support their habit...

10. Someone with a hot car is probably using it, not selling it. 250 gallons buys a whole season of street racing.

Bob

11. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Pisses me off to hear crap like this. With the price of gasoline these days, this probably ended up in daily driver cars.

12. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

My thoughts exactly. The thieves probably don't know what they have.

13. raidmagic

raidmagic

How the hell did they get away with 250 gallons? Do you know how much that weighs? How much space that would take up? Somebody had to see something or someone that knows them will find out in short order

14. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

15. Choff

Choff

That's 1500 lbs of Gas, What were they using to haul it??? , Look for tracks
    They knew what they were doing.

16. Ever see a grease truck, the kind that pick up used cooling oil from restaurants?
    Them things can suck up 250 gallons of oil in a few mins and are usually on a dually pick-up. Fuel would be faster !!!

Watched a guy shuttle 9000 gallons of used cooling oil in 35 mins with a 3000 gallon tank truck. Load shuttle, pump into tanker, re load shuttle & pump into tanker, reload shuttle and pump into tanker. 200' drive between.

These are the guys who provide the raw materials for bio diesel refinement.

17. xwing01

xwing01

Someone with the ability to steal that much high dollar fuel is likely smarter than a druggy. Stupid is, stupid does, but karma catches up to everyone.

18. sunbeam

sunbeam

Time for a little sugared gas.

19. I just hope they burn up their engine with it

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

ONCE AGAIN!!!! A thief will never change their ways until they experience severe physical pain.
    Some countries remove the hand of a thief (in a public ritual so everyone knows the thief) first offense. You forfit your other hand on a second offense, your life for the third. Is it any wonder that those countries have the lowest crime rates.

Frank

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I'm curious to know what you guys estimate the "shelf life" on 112 to be?

Wondering if it would hold long enough for a street racer or weekend grudge racer to use it all up before it goes south. If he could burn it all himself, it would be tough to catch him.
    Otherwise the theif might be selling some of it off-possibly to a drag or circle track racer, and there'd be a better chance of nabbing him.

22. Rat Rod Roach

Rat Rod Roach
    from Aurora CO.

Check out www.mokan.com. Who's rig is this... Someone seen a rig out there on Sat. It a rig of interest ... I could not post the link from my eye pad for some reason....
    Hope they catch the idiots...

Roach

23. Rusty

Rusty

Thieves suck!!!!

24. stimpy

stimpy

depends how it was delivered in cans or drums a year or more as long as its not opened , by bulk tanker , 6 months if kept cool ( underground storage ) , but once it gets warm ( above 70* the stuff has a life of about 3 months , and then the hydrocarbons in it flash off or crystalize and it goes stale . stabil won't work with it either ( there is a racers trick from going stale but I will not mention it because of the possibility of the scumbag is here online ) .and the hotter it gets the faster it goes stale . so in 90 degree weather your lucky if it lasts 2 months . if it sees 100 * 15-20 days , race fuel is not like normal gas its basically High voc solvents and oxygenates added to aviation gas ( 100 LL or 100/93 Unleaded ) base stock

25. stimpy

stimpy

the way the outlaw and grudge racers are it was probably already sold before it was stolen.

26. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I hate thieves. There was an article on the front page of the Joplin Globe this morning. I hope they catch the ones that did this.

John