Register now to get rid of these ads!

MoKan HAMB Drags

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Stude, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Stude

Stude

Hey I just came home from MoKan. The drags was awasome. I like it that the pit side was for registered race cars only even if you are not going to take your car down the track. I do feel that there are many HAMB member that showed up that did not have the opportunity to have their cars seen as they had to be parked on the spectator side with several hundred newer vechiles. This is just a suggestion for the future events,but I really think to give are HAMB members & other that bring their old vechiles out the benifit of showing what their cars & trucks are, maybe there should be a selected area open on the spectator side just for our cars & trucks that could be veiwed by the public & other members. Most people do not want to walk through the hundreds of modern cars & trucks to see the old ones that are scattered through the parking area. Most of the HAMB members cars & trucks are really cool vechiles that they have tried to resurectin one way or another. It is really not fair to most of the members that they have spent their hard earned money & time & then not to get their veichles seen. Some drive hundreds of miles to be here only to park in the same lot with newer cars. Anyway this is just a suggestion for future events. I have been going to the Hamb Drag since 2003 & it grows ever year & I'm amazed at how far the members will come from to be at this event.

2. Domn8r

Domn8r
    from Helena, MO

I just want to take the time to say Thanks Ryan for the opportunity to make a pass down the track. At 56 it was my first time to make a pass. Despite the heat it was a cool day for me. :)

3. oldsman71

oldsman71

lots of fun my buddy wants to take one of our projects to run next year!!
    thanks Ryan!!!!!!!!!

4. Anderson

Anderson

It's a drag race.....not a car show.

5. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

Much thanks to Ryan and MO-KAN Man. Carl and his guys do more than most realize behind the scenes. Yeah, right ---- it is a drag race primarily BUT --- why not give the man his due?? ,, and why not make the HAMB Drag experience be the best it can be for everyone. I think his idea is a great one and that a separate parking spot for period correct / HAMB cars on the spec side is a good idea for next year.

Lundy

6. ratfink56

ratfink56

my first time at the H.A.M.B. drags. freaking awesome! great cars and the nicest bunch of people anywhere.
    shared a table at breakfast saturday with Chris Simmons, KCTACHRIS. great guy, marinated in hot rodding.
    I also like the preferred parking idea.
    thanks to everyone who worked long and hard to make this event an absolute blast.
    one more suggestion for next year. turn down the thermostat!
    thanks again. see ya next year!

7. duallypilot

duallypilot

This was my first time at the drags and loved every minute of it! Well worth the 2 hour drive to watch some great racing!

8. Great event as always, I like the pre register deal for the race, great! And Ilike the idea of a period car lot at the event, maybe around the spectator side near the track?

9. lostdutchman

lostdutchman

I'm with you fellas thear are a lot of people who showed up with some cool cars that didn't get preregersterd to race that had to park out in the field with all the new(junk)cars and alot of people who just came to watch
    I think some sort of car corral area for the old stuff would be a good idea and maby get some new members for the alliance

10. davidh73750

davidh73750

Friday night was cool at expo and holiday inn. Live music. I got my ac working in my 63 bel air (1st since I've had the car 7years) so I was tickled getting there. Man it was HOT HOT on saturday. Everyone get home safe.

11. dannybayo

dannybayo

I've been going to the drags for over 50 yr.This to me was so like the early 60s but with much better e.t.s I must say this was the most fun i've had in a really long time.Im getting my car legal in the next 2 weeks so that I can come back for friday night open drags. How it ran so well with so few people was impressive and if the Lord doesn't take me home soon perhaps I could help out next year! Strong back - NO skills! Thanks for a GREAT time,Dan.

12. Butch M

Butch M

Just want to say I had a blast ole car had some clutch trouble but I still had a lot of fun....what a great time. Thank's Ryan and all the gang.

13. ron60

ron60

Thanks to Ryan, but a Big THANKS to the people that traveled miles to race and put on a great race, THANKS RON

14. chop top truck

chop top truck
    from Joplin Mo.

I agree, there needs to be a special place for the hot rods and customs that aren't racing to park!!

15. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

At the Holiday Inn Friday and Saturday night there were quite a few hot rods and customs that didn't race Saturday. I found that out by going around and talking to people about their cool cars. So that is the place to show your non- racing cars.

16. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I would also like to thank Ryan for having us out to his party. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and made a lot of cool friends that I would never had the pleasure to meet without my HAMB playground. Loved my time trial plaque,my 4 free breakfasts, and especially my 10 free drinks! That was an awesome gesture man and I was floored to find that in my hotel package!
    Glad I went and look forward to the next go round!

17. RatRoy

RatRoy

As in the past , a Great time at the H.A.M.B. Drags. Will be there every year it runs. My comment on the preferred parking issue. I think preferred parking of the "old" cars would be wrong. The "new" cars parked on either side of my "40" enjoyed taking a close look at my car. Having hot rods parked with new cars is a good way to introduce new people into the H.A.M.B. experience. I will be there next year where ever we have to park. Great idea to sell the armbands at the hotel Friday. GOOD SHOW......:):)

18. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

thanks ryan! had an awesome time good to put some faces with some names and hang with like minded people!! and most of all i totaly enjoyed trying to break an axle and rip my shifter out by the roots!

19. Yep. The place to look at cars is at night in the Motel parking lot. We drove our cars just because we like driving them, not for show.

20. russellhighfill

russellhighfill
    from St. Peters

Great event again this year, however couldnt agree more with the parking situation let those of us who DROVE our hot rods to the event park in a seperate parking area PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

21. 1926 Roadster

1926 Roadster

I told an old friend of mine from California about the drags and he showed up saturday to check it out...His comment "Best drags he had been to since the 50's in Santa Anna Cali" Hopefully he'll bring out his model a sedan next year or hes building my old '26 roadster in to basically a period correct track car but with a newer inline 4 cylinder motor maybe he'll have it ready to go 2.

I like the idea of the segregated spectator parking too. A local drive-inn theater here only lets old cars park in the front two rows, works out great for everyone.

22. gary mundy

gary mundy
    from Kansas

The early bird gets the best parking. We all know that is the way it is.that,s life in the fast lane

23. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Prefered parking?
    Naw, just need to have everybody drive their old cars.
    I took the time to walk over and see how many guy's did,and I'll say I was quiet surprised how many there were.

Tim

24. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

RYAN had a good time at the drags this week. Super event need to have it a couple of times a year how about oct? THANKS

25. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

My first time at the H.A.M.B. Drags and wow what a great time! I completely filled my new camera's memory card and I'm still editing pics! Very cool event and I am looking forward to next year!

Sadly had to drive my late model but I would have gladly walked from a further parking spot to make room for the road warriors in the vintage iron. My Galaxie would have made the trip if not for the 13mpg and 500 miles round trip. :)

26. Your 60 chevy was the fastest 12 second car I ever saw run a 1/4 mile! Looked and sounded like a 9 second car..

27. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

it really is a nine second car!! maybe in a thousand foot!? thanks for the compliment! its a blast to drive and take out pent up aggresion on !!

28. I think the parking idea is a great one and hope it gets picked up.

29. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

So rigid and narrow minded?

Heaven forbid that either of you ever become disabled or unable to race. I suppose you should just sell your cars and "hang it up" if that were to happen to you. Why not a place for the old stuff to park? I don't see that it will hurt you while you're thrashing in the pits and blasting down the track!!!
    :)
    Come on people- we're all "car guys and gals".

Lundy