Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Modifieds only!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Oct 23, 2004.

1. A Boner

A Boner

image.png Here is one with a European flair. Along with a bunch of other things the builder incorporated in this build, I really like the continuation of the windshield on the doors.

2. atch

atch

Aha! pix my computer can show properly. I like it.

Yes. I have many pix of Mr. Jones' car. It has to be included in the all time great cars to draw inspiration from.

3. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Highwayzero, way cool car. What is that quick change? Never seen one like it.

4. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Bobo1, that's beautiful. Did you build it?

Desmodromic likes this.
  5. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

Thanks Yes I build it

Sent from my SM-A510F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

More pictures please. what engine and transmission, what body? Looks sort of like a Model A cowl, did you add the vent?

7. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

What is the dash?

8. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

You can see it here at "my modified "
    The dash is 1947 desoto
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A510F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

wcben, pigfluxer, juan motime and 6 others like this.
  9. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

One of my favorites. Forgive me if this has been posted before. I jumped from page 1 to page 27. 1927-ford modified+left-side.jpg

10. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

11. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Is there any build/in depth stuff on the long nosed French car? Bitchin' Ride!!!

12. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Bobo1, I just read your build thread front to back. What a wonderful job on that car. I like the pumpkin color of your interior against the black so much that if it were mine, I'd paint the wheels that color and give it some mild accent striping in that same color. Excellent job. Great job on the build thread too.

13. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Any new mods in the works for 2019??

14. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

It’s not much yet, but I have a decent collection of parts accumulated for my 27 lakes modified project. Should get well underway in 2019. Engine will be the 8ba on the engine stand, with a banjo rear, early Ford 3 speed toploader, torque tube, and undropped and drilled 33 front axle. It’ll use that Fordson tractor gas tank pictured if the plan in my head works out.
    251ED3AE-6348-45AC-B578-0915AFFD62FF.jpeg
    D8E10BD9-FD6A-4B09-9D83-B4575E9FF6F8.jpeg

15. oj

oj

Here's mine, some assembly required. 26 Model T body sitting on its' firewall, if you look over the top you can see an axletube pointing up from the banjo rear (its' still bolted to an engine stand from being assembled); frame is Model A; 4 link & quarter eliptical rear suspension; to the left is the 354 hemi (back from the machine shop, going thru assembly); '39 Ford Top Loader trans. I was kinda hoping to have it ready for JalopyRama, but I keep running into assembly snags. 001.JPG

16. I'm using a similar E27N tank. Mine has Ford Motor Company of England stamped into the side panels. I'm using a Cesna Bird Dog droptank gauge

Sent from my moto g(6) play using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. oj

oj

Is that one of those gauges that goes right into the side of the tank? Aircraft looking thing? They are neat looking and I thought about using one until I priced it. Salty little shits.

wcben likes this.
  18. That's right. I will find a picture. They come up on eBay regularly. The last one I bought was less than £20. I have a spare one if you can't find one by trawling the aircraft spares on eBay.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. A Boner

A Boner

20. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

Very cool. Those old tanks have a great shape to them in my view. Here’s a shot of the side of mine. Different markings for sure on this side of the pond.
    C07DC564-F900-4B3C-8A13-C9DDA77EEE64.jpeg

sko_ford and Shadow Creek like this.
  21. British one - same as mine

th.jpeg

Shadow Creek likes this.
  22. oj

oj

I gave up looking for a tractor tank and used an 'upright' one (turned sideways) from '30ish Chrysler, made a filler neck and added a little luggage rack because there ain't no room inside to put things.
    these things are so small that british sports car stuff works well on them but its easy to loose its' identity, they need to be crude in a sophisticated way if that makes sense.
    Not mounted in this picture is the Jag XK120 tag & backup light mounted in the middle.
    DSC00474.JPG

sko_ford, exterminator, jim32 and 2 others like this.
  23. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Been following this thread since it started. About 8 years ago I built a deuce roadster pu with the front stretched 4 inches and the rear-end moved ahead 3 inches. I did it with a 36 inch pu box with the tank inside. Current owner has driven it over 60,000 miles topless. I'm currently building another deuce RPU with a 5 inch stretch, suicide front end and the rear-end moved ahead 3 inches. I having a struggle deciding on a custom tank or a 24 inch pu bed with the tank inside. Would it be consider a modified or a lakester? Do you need an exposed tank to be a modified? Or would mine just be a plain old RPU?

24. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

for me, a modified doesn't have a pu bed.

PC280006.JPG

wcben, sko_ford, exterminator and 3 others like this.
  25. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.png unnamed2.jpg

I don't know who owns this now, as it recently changed hands, but I'd class this as a modified, and it screams hot rod to me.

Anyone else got any more photos or ownership details on this car?

26. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

I like 'em short but that may be stretching it haha

27. alchemy

alchemy

I saw that pea green A at an event in Minnesota once years ago. It has also been on the cover of a book I think. Not sure of the history.

28. A Boner

A Boner

The only rule I know of is..... to be called a modified, no matter what you start with, it has to be modified! Exposed gas tank, or not, pu box, or not, short wheelbase, or not, narrowed body, or not, ect. Hopefully the combination chosen works together and ends up having "the look"! Having said that, when all is said and done, the "modified" will be called a modified, or hot rod, or t-bucket, or dune buggy.....depending on what you actually built, or who is doing the talking.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    sko_ford and jim32 like this.