Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Modifieddriver in Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rex_A_Lott, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

In the August issue of Hot Rod, there's a writeup about the Modified you helped your buddy Terry with....even mentions you by name. Congratulations Frank on a nice car and a little national attention!:D

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

3. So, folks really do read these magazines :) .

Teah, nice article on the #3 oval track modified '36 Chevy coupe owned by Terry Kamp in Seneca, SC.

Write-up was neat, but didn't really ID the cast of folks that worked on the build.

My buddy, Mike Matheney, and I did the chassis, roll cage and suspension systems at his shop. Then I built the engine and quick change rear end at mine. All along, using my old time racing experience, I provided technical guidance for the build.

I sold Terry a BUNCH of parts out of my stash of stuff, ie. front end, spindles, steering, quick change, fuel cell, etc.

Terry did a whole lot of the build himself and really enjoys driving the car. I've driven it, and it drives as nice as it looks.

Anyways, thanks for recognizing my name in print as a build contributor.

AND, just think, you remember me when I was nuttin' ;) .

4. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, it's not hard to see where the " old time racing experience" comes from: [​IMG]

Seriously, Frank - great job. See ya in September. vic

5. Good stuff Frank!:cool:

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hey now Franky Four Fingers!!!! I feel better about you screwing me out of those Wide Five Drums now that you're famous. :D:D:D

7. Vic,

Where did ya' find that pic ??????

That's me at Fonda Speedway in '73 or '74 . That's Frank Trinkus Parts truck in the background. He was the parts guy at Fonda for years.

Small block is still in the 'Cuda there. I changed to a 454 later. I made a bunch of $money$ with car car in '75 racing 2-3 nights a week.

Wish I knew what happened to it. Everyone thought that '65 'Cuda body made a great lookin' car.

Doug found and gave me a resin model car body with hood that is shaped and proportioned exactly like this car. Some model maker thought it looked good enough to tool up for.

Damn, ya' had to post this pic. Now I'm getting the urge to build another similar to the original. Need a 'Cuda body and an early '50s Chevy frame ;):cool:. I have almost everything else in stock (except time :eek: )

Thanks for the positive comments and rekindling history :) .

Frank

8. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Thanks Krusty40 for posting that old pic of Frank.
    Guess I'm just old fashioned but I like the era of the "?" car Frank has now better....I hate that the old coupes are gone. Was nice to see a piece of history though.
    Too bad they didnt mention Mike in the write -up, he seems like a nice guy, unless you blow hot air on him in August.:D

9. Yeah, 'cause that'll get him and me FIRED UP !!!!!!!!!!

Lowes Speedway Security now knows me by first and last name :eek: .

10. Rock on Frank.....you RULE

11. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

No they don't know you by first name! I was there and didn't hear a single one of them call you asshole.:D

12. Frank,,I've known you for years and I'm happy you got some recondition,,I talked to Terry Saturday night and he always gives you guys a thumbs up!

I also heard the Micheal Jackson patterned his trade mark high water pants after seeing this photo of you,,BTW,,I never knew you were young!:D

[​IMG]

13. You know Frank with fame comes responsibility and the shit you pull at the different events isn't going to get when the crowd walks up wanting your autograph and a picture taken. "Just kidding", say hay to Mike, you guys are the best!
    Later, Johnny sweet

14. HRP,

Thanks for the positive comments.

Yeah, I was young and dumb at one time. Only thing that changed is my age :eek: .

That racing suit does look funny. It was given to me and waaaaay too long in the legs. I had it shortened, they used the wrong measurement and that's what I got. Like a haircut that's cut too short, ya' can't backup and change it. Eventually I bought a NICE Nomex suit that hangs in my closet today. Length is OK, but width don't work :eek: . Wonder why?

I drove Terry's car several months ago. It drives better than it looks :cool: .

Frank

15. Johnnny,

Yeah, sometimes we have a three ring circus there at the end of the row.

Can't say that Keystones and Buds have anything to do with that :rolleyes: , but we have a good time.

Always great having stop on by. Keep in touch. I'll mention ya' to Mike I like this guy!! He's creative and a good cheer leader when I'm pissed :D .

Frank

16. BG,

That's only 'cause they haven't looked at my real name on my birth certificate yet :p .

Bring some extra $money$ with ya this fall. If the guys with the heaters show up again and point them our way I'll need someone to post bail/bond for me :eek: .

Frankie

17. And the Facial Caterpillar was missing last time I saw you.:eek: HRP

18. designs that work

designs that work

The Cuda picture is interesting but, what about the 1926/27 land speed racer? Maybe OT but real interesting.