Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Modified Murray - The Last Build Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by scootermcrad, Dec 27, 2014.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just some current photos would be uplifting to see. Bob

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A lot of weird things have been happening to me lately, including this car and build popping up out on the interweb. And now this got bumped... Just this morning I got slapped up side the head with a new way to handle this build and try to get some enjoyment out of it.

Since I last posted, which was forever ago, an additional delay came into my life... Daughter #2 is on the way!! Due in July. So awesome, but so bad for this build. So things, once again, have gone sideways to get ready for this sort of unplanned scenario.

Since my last post, I've done a bunch more blocking and paint prep. I had taken quite a bit of the car apart to do the work, in fact. So the grille shell, radiator assembly, and all that have been removed. I've also since found a great interior guy that I'm going to have do the seats. He's something like 16 years old and this young man is just killing it and enjoying what he does. If I'm going to outsource something, I definitely prefer to have someone like that do that work.

Here's what updated pictures I can offer and a couple of "reheated" pictures that I dug up just for myself as a reminder...

The paint has suffered dearly on this Hemi. I should have put a sacrificial anode in the system somewhere. So I'll be repainting the whole engine, it looks like. Yaaay. The paint on the chassis is taking quite a beating as well. This car is going to have some great natural patina by the time it's derivable! HA!

[​IMG]

This was before and during the disassembly of the car (again).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Such a weird car...

[​IMG]

Also started making a new knob for the King fuel filter/regulator. Last time I ran the engine the plastic knob for the sediment bowl stripped out, dropped under pressure, and puked fuel all over everything. So before the engine is run again, this has to be taken care of. And of course it's a weird metric thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh... and my daughter is probably going to end up being a car girl, too. :D Maybe she can finish it for me... HAHA

[​IMG]

With all of this life stuff going on, I'm also trying to get my C10 on the road with a freshly built 283 because I just REALLY need a truck as well as a reliable back-up vehicle. And also, with a baby on the way it's forced me to work hard to jam on our home renovation, which is a WHOOOOOOLE different can of worms!!!

That's all I've got for you guys right now, but I think there is going to be some more work coming soon. I have way too many irons in the fire right now. It has all officially caught up to me. Not sure how my wife deals with it all, but she's rad for being so supportive of this mess.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    The37Kid, Stogy, loudbang and 13 others like this.
  3. 73RR

73RR

Very good to hear that all is well in the Scooter household. Best regards to you and Holly on #2!

loudbang and Blue One like this.
  4. You got this, Scooter!!

I've had the good fortune to get to know Scooter and this motorvated masterpiece since he moved east! This dude is uber-talented and has ALL his irons in the fire at once (and some others also). He's doing great work on the home renovations, raising his girl (soon to be girls) right, being a great cheerleader and #1 fan for his sweetheart of a wife, and helping others out when they need a hand! And he's deep into community activities, too!

Stand-Up guy and proud to call him my brother-from-another-mother!!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Stogy, loudbang and Blue One like this.
  5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you, my friend! I appreciate it! I'm still sending people you're way. I hope they have been good customers. :D

Thanks brother! Looking forward to seeing you before too long, here. And I always appreciate your support and encouragement.

loudbang and brett4christ like this.
  6. Good stuff Scott! Congrats on the upcoming addition to the family. One day we will both get our projects done.:rolleyes:

Stogy, loudbang and scootermcrad like this.
  7. Car looks great, I'm from Kannapolis but now live in Winston Salem NC, trying get back down there soon.

loudbang and scootermcrad like this.
  8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks man!

Will we, though? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  9. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

Stogy, loudbang and scootermcrad like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@scootermcrad your pics are red x'd...when you have a moment it would be nice to see them.

Congrats on All the good stuff going on for you and your family...

loudbang and 31Vicky with a hemi like this.
  11. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Crap... Sorry guys. Not sure what's up. When I check the picture links they show up. But when I "Preview" the post they are now gone (red X'd). Not sure why they are not showing up. I'll see if I can upload them a different way when I get a chance.

They were Google Photo links. Anyone have this happen with their pictures using Google Photos? I must be getting old because my ability for internet tech is rapidly degrading.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    loudbang and Stogy like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you download the pics to a folder on your desktop hard drive then edit the post and upload new pics it will show up.

One thing I do with red x edits is select all area where original pics were and delete the space as it still contains the red x's even though you can't see it when your editing. Then I repost the new pics...Its a pain

loudbang likes this.
  13. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fixed it. Just reloaded them... :)

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A reminder of where I started...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Great stuff @scootermcrad...thanks for updating the thread...Unfortunately the only ones that can edit these are the OP...but the silver lining in that is there is a way to revive a bad situation...;)

scootermcrad and loudbang like this.
  16. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

If your sedan had a wooden subfloor it should have a [2] rivet body # tag on the firewall...
    very handy if using aftermarket frames...

loudbang likes this.