Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Modified Murray - Race to the road! Progress in Review!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Clyde

Clyde
    from Las Vegas

Scott,
    Things are looking good and moving along. Wish I could get this damn land cruiser project I started back on the road. Then I would get things going on my coupe.

2. rrbird

rrbird
    from Colorado

really like those wide 5s

3. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

It has been a long time.... What is happening out there in CA?

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Secret stuff!! :D Working every minute I can! Sometimes even before work! The last 10% of this car has been all about all the "little tasks" that have trickled to the bottom when the task bucket was shakin' up. Unfortunately, some of the "little tasks" are time consuming... Lots of machining and hand filing parts, right now. I'll do an update when I have something worth taking a look at.

In the mean time, pics from some rough shaping with the mill...

[​IMG]

It also doubles as a snow making machine! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man don't keep them hangin' Scootie Tang. Tell them exactly what it is. He's milling out a Tall Boy Beer Holder for his hot rod. It's going to have a cooling system for keeping his suds cold while everything else gets hot from that nasty hemi. Should be sweet for all that time he's putting in it!

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Crap! You weren't supposed to tell them! Well at least you didn't tell them that it also doubles as a coffee warmer for my morning coffee using heat from the engine... Oh WAIT! :eek::eek::rolleyes:

7. The_General

The_General

Secret stuff HMMMM:D haha.. can't wait to see it

8. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

He is building a Dyer Sheet holder. Increases gas mileage and smells fresh !!!!!!!

[​IMG]

9. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

I hear they do a lot more than that. I hear dryer sheets will make the exhaust quieter so it will not disturb his neighbors, rub them on your windshield and it works better than RainX and they can prevents rust. Which is important when you live at the beach. I just hope he doesn't under estimate the strength needed in the dryer sheet holder.

Scootie - Don't forget to make room for a lock. You don't want them stolen.
    Can't wait to see the detail you will work into the holder. I am sure it will look great.

10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes! Awesome! I will keep you posted on "the holder" :D HAHA! Life, after all, is about Dryer Sheets...

11. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Looking great Scott , I can't wait to see it in person , maybe you need some of our new 100% flow air horns :)

Attached Files:

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Stever!! Some neat-o horns you got there! Errr... wait... :eek:

13. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for the wallpaper :D

14. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Scott you are almost there. Keep moving forward. It's the little shit that hangs you up.

15. Any more?

When the Scootie-content in my blood gets low, I get the shakes!!!:eek:

We are all on the edge of our seats in anticipation of this dryer-sheet holder!!!

I have really enjoyed this build, and cannot wait to see this thing painted and put together!

Go Kat Go!!!:D

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seriously working my ASS off and trying to finish the dryer sheet holder so I can get back to body work and the things I'm really anxious to refocus on. Sometimes taking a break from the usual parts of the car help to re-think how it should be tackled.

Here's a teaser for some parts I finished up yesterday...

[​IMG]

And I also made a Walkman out of steel to store my collection of one cassette tape. Which I lost...

[​IMG]

In the next month or so, I'll have a better update. Not much to show at the moment except things that just aren't ready to be shown... Sorry guys!

17. N8B

N8B

That last picture looks like a square "smiley face" gone bad....

Love all these little details Scott.

18. eye bone

eye bone

19. chaddilac

chaddilac

What are you up to??

[​IMG]

20. This is bullshit! What kind of update is this?:mad::D

21. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HAHA! You guys are funny...

Don't worry, I've been working. Just haven't had a lot I'm ready to show. Let's just say the car ALMOST has a LID!! :D

Here's this though... Some work-in-progress shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the roof after redoing the rear 1/3 panel for the 4th time. It got even BETTER after this picture was taken, but you will just have to wait to see the results.

[​IMG]

Eric made me some bitchin' straps for my fuel tank!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I love it!!! Like I said, I think your work on the top really showcases just how far you've come from the beginning. It's super well planned and looks "DAN WEBB-esq". My man!

23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Jeffy Cakes! I have to say that building the aluminum roof insert has been the most satisfying for me, thus far. It will use a little bit of everything I have learned while building the car and frankly is just REALLY a fun project! I find myself virtually RACING to get out in the shop to work on it whenever I can.

I've been using the English wheel like crazy for the low-crown shapes, the shrinker stretcher for all the supporting structure underneath, learned how to edge panels, including wire edge by hand, flush rivet, going to be some parts I have to machine from scratch, and I REALLY learned what tools I can never live without to do what I love doing.

Getting really exciting around here! I knew the roof insert would either make or completely break the whole profile of the car. It actually takes on a WHOLE 'nother personality with a hat on. Can't wait to finish it up!

24. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

Sweet. I saw this thread come to the top yesterday, and I was going to ask when you were going to show the work on the top that we've already seen over on AMS.

Looks good, I really like what you're doing with the braces. Those fuel tank straps are pretty sweet, too.

25. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep! :D Thanks Dave! I've gotta' catch up to ya'!! :eek:

26. That's a better update. Looks really good Scott. The top is looking great. Are you welding the sections together or using rivets?

I need to order some straps from Eric as well they are super cool.

27. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks man! The three will be sealed and riveted to the support structure. Using flush rivets for all exterior rivets.

28. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Looking good Scott!

29. Did you figure out the sealer thing? I saw you thread on it the other day.

30. Wow!!!! That is so cool. I like what you have done!!!