Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Modified Murray - Race to the road! Progress in Review!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jan 19, 2010.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gary! Just got your message... Call you in a minute.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Really? Man even with only 2.5 lbs? I was reading the latest TRJ and I could have swore the '34 on the cover ran copper line into the interior with a fuel pressure gauge. Thanks for the heads up!

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, I have to agree. Besides, Memphy Cakes will be in the car too! :eek:

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hmmm.....damn it.

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay, quick progress report!

Rolled it out to fire it up. Spent all yesterday just taking my time and checking everything out before firing it up. Wasn't that long ago it was up and running, but everything was checked out just to be safe.

Running an NOS King Filter/regulator this time. Didn't like the reviews of the Holley one I had and DID like what I've heard about the King regulators. Happen to run across one on "that auction site" and grabbed it up.

[​IMG]

Running a Carter 4070 for a pump and pressured up the system to 2 psi. with very few issues.

Anyway, here's a few pictures from yesterday...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pre-fire checks...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I did a video. Pretty un-spectacular! It's dark and it's the first time I used the video function on my new camera. I cut out at 40 seconds, for some reason.

Keep in mind, this is just a fire up to check fuel pressure and stats while running. I need to adjust idle settings and I also need to swap out the power valves, and certainly some timing adjustments....

...Here ya' go! (sorry for the poor quality and my display of boxers!) :eek:

EDIT: Thanks for telling me how to embed this video, Nick!!!!

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/scootermcrad2/1931 Ford/?action=view&current=IMGP0138.mp4

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At this point, I will finish up the body stuff, pull the body off again, THEN I will finish the rest of the mechanics on the car, and I will ALSO detail the engine with the correct hardware, hose clamps, ignition wires, primary wiring, etc.. So what you see here is not complete, but you get the idea of where I'm going....

...Which is STILL a little ways off! But the light gets brighter every time I reach a mile stone.

7. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Looks and sounds good.

8. michev

michev

9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sounds good,alittle more tinkering . looks good

10. Sounds and looks great Scott.

11. Bloody Marvelous!!!

I have been following your build for quite a while, and I have goosebumps watching that video!!!:D

I can only imagine how awesome you feel at this point!

The car is coming together amazingly well!!!

I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Awesome!!

Photobucket videos don't work quite like Youtube. If you use the "IMG code" it appears like below and you have click on it for it to play in a new window....

[​IMG]

13. the best part of the video is the NOFX sounds track
    nice
    but the hemi sounds good too
    tk

14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks everyone! Pretty excited! And yeah, definitely have some tinkering left to do with the motor. Not overly concerned about it at the moment, mostly I just want to be able to turn it over from time to time so no problems develop from sitting around. Plus it's a nice motivating reminder that the sooner I get the rest done, the sooner I can see what she can do!! :D:D

Will be nice to have everything hooked up and in place so I can start it from inside, monitor ALL the gauges, etc.

15. jj mack

jj mack

16. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Fuck yeah dude!!!!! Sounds killer!!! AND LOOKS AMAZING!!!! :)

17. MEYER8821

MEYER8821

Dude that is so awesome!!! hopefully you can take it for a spin sooner than later lol. Everything is really coming together now!! Great job man!

18. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

AWESOME! Getting that much closer. Looking real good. I love your carb. set-up.

19. hasty

hasty

Looks fantastic.

20. kirby1374

kirby1374

my wife is watching TV and I clicked your video, she said "ooh, that sounds nice". Your car is already impressing the chicks. So stay away from my woman with your smooth talking hotrod.....lol

21. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

I can sum this up in one word-HELL YEAH!! I never was good at math............

AWESOME Scott! (Now Dave has me yelling too:eek:)

Very inspiring my friend

22. volksjunky

volksjunky

DAMN ! That thing is soooo frickin' rad! I finally did some digging and have some stuff you might want for your next project . I'll pm you tomorrow.

23. another mile stone passed, top stuff & great to see, mooving forward with the light growing brighter, engine sounds sweet.

Cheers,

Drewfus

24. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

It's been a while since I checked in, but it's looking great! Very good Scott.

25. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dan! Just watched the video of your RPU! :eek: Good LORD!! That thing is an ANIMAL!! :eek::eek: SICK! You're really motivating me, though. I really want to get this car running correctly, but also running at the start of the ACTUAL key switch, being monitored by all the gauges, and pulling fuel from the fuel tank, through lines that are plumbed and in their final locations. Oh... And I need to learn how to use the video function better too! HAHA! :rolleyes:

26. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool man! Let me know Volksy!

27. rick finch

rick finch

Wow that sounds good....you're gettin' closer.

28. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Congrats Scoot!! Really happy for you. Sounds awsome.

29. Skirv

Skirv

I love the sound of a hemi in the morning. Sounds like...............victory.