Register now to get rid of these ads!

modified f100 drag link

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by matthew mcglothin, Dec 23, 2009.

1. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

i need pics of bent or modified drag links.not sure on where to bend. just flipped my front axle on my 60 ford. dont really want to raise my steering box unless i have to. ive also added a steering stabilizier to help with the bumpsteer to. Ive also heard of shortening the pitman arm too(anybody done this)thanks matt

2. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

hey, don't have any info on the drag link but i have a '65 f100 bagged and having bumpsteer and need to get rid of it and was thinking to raise the steeringbox. do i just put a block of metal between the chassis and the box or are there other rules to follow? there are homemade tierod relocators on it and that does not seem to work..

see ya

3. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

theres a guy on the hamb somwhere,i believe its" lowdaddyo" maybe,he's got some great pics on raiseing the steering box. it turned out pretty damn good.but raising the box is my last resort..anybody else have some ideas?

4. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Bending the steering link is unlikely to change your bumpsteer, which is generated by the angles and dissimilar arcs of movement of the ends of the steering linkage.

Cross steering might work, but it would probably generate as much aggravation and fabrication as raising the steering box.

5. oface

oface

Here's the picture of Lo Daddy Yo's steering box.

Attached Files:

6. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

hey

is it such a hasle to raise the steeringbox??
    didn't get in to much right now because i can't work on the truck right now and need to modifie the radiusarms..
    is there an tech article about it or is it fabricating as you get in it..

see ya