Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Modified build-The ALLSTAR SPECIAL-Jalopy Showdown or bust!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by allstarderrick, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Clark

Clark

Skidmarks....we'll make our own post Monday. Should have it off the table and on the ground then. Don't want to hijack Derrick's post too bad.
    Clark

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Any progress on Fists Up?

3. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Made the car a roller this weekend. Hopefully picking up the motor/trans by midweek. I'll put some pics on tomorrow morning. On my way now to Fitchburg swapmeet to hopefully find the last couple of pieces.

4. striper

striper

I paid around the same for my shocks. I messed around a bit with different oils to get the dampening I wanted. I ended up using a fairly heavy gear oil. They seem to work OK.

Thanks for the nod on my car.

Pete

5. Clark

Clark

Derrick...if you don't find what you need let me know....we may have what you need.
    Clark

6. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

I got some work done this Saturday though I should have been doing other things. I split the rear bones and cut and flipped the shackle mounts and got the rear in the car. Made up a gas tank and taillight mount. Put the wheels on the car and got it on the ground. Sunday Lowdug and I got a couple more things done after the swapmeet. I'll post those pics later.

Attached Files:

7. Tyrell

Tyrell
    from 203

wow what progress looks great, fist pumping like a champ. lol

8. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

A couple a pics of some stuff I got done. Made up some quick windshield posts and headlight stands.Sent out most of stuff to be blasted and had the radiator built. Went to Lowdugs Tuesday night and finished up pulling the motor and trans. Hopefully get it in the frame this weekend. It was pretty nice of him to buy that nice barn find 37 just for my drivetrain, I think he's going to scrap the rest. HA-HA. Only three weeks to go:eek:

Attached Files:

9. Tyrell

Tyrell
    from 203

you got that..

10. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

I'm just about ready to pull it all apart and start to pretty it up. After a full night of cleaning it I got the motor and trans in, shortened the torque tube and steering box, remade the pedals to make room for a gas pedal, mounted the battery box, made the exhaust and cut the body up to fit it all. Hopefully picking up the radiator today so I can make mounts for that and finish up a couple of loose ends so I can flip the frame over and finish the welds and get some color on it.

Attached Files:

11. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Chassis is done and ready for paint. Color tomorrow. Then back together and start some body work. Tired now and need me a shower. More pics tomorrow.

12. Clark

Clark

Can you send Frootloop down to help us catch up :) Fists Up!!!
    Clark

13. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

I don't know if anyone is paying attention anymore but I'll give some updates. As of now the chassis is painted and as far assembled as my parts will let me. Body work is done and getting primed tonight and painted tomorrow. Fingers crossed, times a tickin'.

Attached Files:

14. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Super simple super cool. Eventually I'll build something like this...I hope.

15. Wow. Can't wait to see pics of this thing sideways in some mud!

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

NICE! Very Nice! I've been thinking about your Tudor ever since seeing it for the first time on Sunday. It finally dawned on me that it has something going for it that reminds me of Clark's Sport Coupe, have they ever been side by side? Whatever that "look" is it works real well.

17. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

nice job man mine is no where near that shiny as of matter of fact it is the other end rusty but it is 400 h.p. that should make up for the ugly side of it.:D

18. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Got paint on it last night. Have to finish the hood and then it's just assembly. One week to go:eek:

Attached Files:

19. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

It blows my mind that guys like you can do in a few weeks what it took me nearly 10 years to do. And yours is nicer. LOL!

20. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Looks pretty damn nice from here!

21. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Go Derrick Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Derrick, Like the shock setup you are using on the front of your modified. Like the idea of cutting down the "A" hood sides to fit your car. My modified is based on a '29 RPU body on a double Z's Riley Auto frame. Everything is vintage except for the 2.3 Ford mill with five speed. I am using a stock "A" hood on my build. Looking forward to seeing your car finished.

23. great to see more modified built for fun with what you've got, and from this angle looks like it will have a nice stance, great stuff.

Cheers,

Drewfus

P.S. normally I'm a 28 roadster nuter, with my eyes closed to anything sedan related, but your tudor shines a new light to my foolish perception, thanks for that....:)

24. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

I fit the painted panels to layout the scallops and numbers. One Armed Bandit to letter and stripe next week. I'll start some more assembly tonight since the parts have been trickling in.

Attached Files:

25. Spike!

Spike!

Looks great! Look forward to seeing it at the Showdown!

Spike

26. fitzee

fitzee

That is sweet.Nice simple little car.Got to love it.

27. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

lookin' great!

28. Clark

Clark

Looking good !!!!
    Clark

29. sawzall

sawzall

30. Cshabang

Cshabang

Looks BADASS Derrick...and congrats on the feature in street rodder.