Register now to get rid of these ads!

Modified at Pasadena Reliability Run '09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kinky6, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Kinky6

Kinky6

Hi, I'm looking for pics and info on a Model A modified at this year's Reliability Run; burnt orange color, wide fives, full hood. There is a small shot of it on pg. 23 of the Oct. R&C. I've done a search and found a front 3/4 shot on Don's page, and a few seconds in a Utube vid, but that's it.

Thanks, Kinky6 :cool:

2. Kinky6

Kinky6

BTTT for the evening crowd. Thanks for the tip, Fogger.

Kinky6 :cool:

3. Kinky6

Kinky6

Once more for the Monday night crowd.

Kinky6 :cool:

4. bonesy

bonesy

Jamie Johnson of Hot Rod Haven in Albuquerque. PM me and I can get you his info if needed. (My old 327 powers his pretty little car)

Attached Files:

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

That's COOL!

6. overkillphil

overkillphil

Man! I sure do love wide five!! Nice lil mod!

7. Kinky6

Kinky6

Bonesy, Thanks for the photos. I'm guessing that he's using the stock gas tank in that.

I really like the look of a modified, but I also like the utility of a RPU, especially if you are going to need to carry anything with you to a run ( AKA Fidgiter's delima @ the Round-up ).

A lot of the modified style two seaters have the gas tank mounted behind the body and over the axle, which is fine; but the use of a small vintage luggage rack in that location would make one of these a lot more handy for longer distance runs without adding the visual and actual weight of a pickup bed onto the back of the body.

BTW, I also like the look of the rear axle sort of sitting out behind the body of a modified. Some early dry lakes shots show some modifieds that look like the wheelbase is a bit long for the body; maybe like the back end of a tourer was cut off and left at the dump on the way out of town to the lakes. :D

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  8. bonesy

bonesy

You are correct, he runs the stock tank. It really is a super clean little car if you every get at chance to see the details up close.

Enjoy.