Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods modern hot rodder or dinosaur???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skull, Feb 28, 2011.

1. 52RustRocket

52RustRocket

Get a cheap high MPG commuter car, and have fun with the hot rod.
    My DD gets an average of 33MPG back and forth to work, but my Caddy with a 454BBC and a 800cfm Edelbrock gets around 8MPG.

2. jcm65

jcm65
    from Santa Rosa

what is this "MPG" you speak of?

3. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Some funny shit on the subject a friend of mine has in his kick ass 48 hot rod pickup a high performance small block,BIG Wheiand supercharger with two 4 barrel edelbrocks. On the air scoop it says ( I AM USING THE GAS YOU ARE SAVING FOR ME! ) LOL.

4. Oppy

Oppy

I under stand the MPG deal, as I just built a more hot rod 6 for my 41, of witch I don't drive daily, but as much as I can. The deal is the old 235, slightly modified got close to 20 MPG, maybe better at times, the new motor, a hot rodded 261, gets closer to 14 MPG. I have caught my self thinking about what to drive,on a SATURDAY!, and its because of the price of fuel. Do I miss my old motor,?, sure like the new one, 5 MPG does make a difference, in these times. Just my 2 cents. I have thought that if I used a little more stock parts,"cam", particularly,I might drive it even more.????

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

My Roadster will get the 354 HEMI that has been sitting on the garage floor for 20 years, always wanted a Roadster with a HEMI, some day I may finish it.

6. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

I think I'll build a V8-60 with a small judson huffer for the Cabrio...surely I could squeeze
    20mpg from it if i planned well enough