Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model Y Ford front axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28hiboy, Oct 2, 2009.

1. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from milton fl

While looking for a English Ford front axle Anglia, Prefect or Thames, I found a Model Y front axle complete with wire wheels. Are the parts interchangeable? Worried that the spindles, as would like to run spindle mount rims, are not the same. It is my understanding that the Y was for export markets. It is like a 3/4 scale 33-34 Ford 2-dr that we have in the States. (parts are from a rodded car) Thanks for any info--Randy

2. Morris

Morris
    from UK

Model Y spindles are noted for being prone to breaking. Not recommended.

3. hotrod-kustom

hotrod-kustom

Hi Randy
    I did find a old notice here on HAMB about your question "Ford Y front axel"

Axel of this its good A University here in Sweden have look at our. They say its better then Audi A6 so They help me make axel for Volvo 544 Spindels
    If have this spindel so can you easy choise drum or disk brakes from Volvo 122

Now we was lucky and did find all parts from Volvo P1900 made in 64 ex!!
    We have drom brakes with looks better then ugly disk :)

I dont know with body you have But we have built a Ford Y to son with 1938 60hp
    And now we start next car a Ford Anglia -49 even this with flathead 60hp

www.hotrod-kustom.pixbox.se see "my sons car"

Regards
    Anders

4. 17 inch Model Y wheels don't fit on a Model A axle, because the part that covers the Model A drum is smaller on the Model Y wheels.
    I kept the wheels (all 5) of a hotrodded Model Y and was hoping they would fit my
    otherwise stock 31 Model A Coupe but unfortunely they don't.
    I don't know if it's interchangeable with Anglia (or Popular for us Europeans)

Register now to get rid of these ads!