Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model T engines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dennis M., Nov 26, 2012.

1. Dennis M.

Dennis M.
    from San Jose

I'm cleaning out my grandfathers old shed and came across a few Model T engines. I was wondering if anybody new if they were worth anything or are they just scrap metal?

2. 117harv

117harv

Not much interest in them here on the HAMB, the Ford Barn would be a good place to list them for sale. What they are worth depends on the year.

3. Throw some pictures up- if any have aftermarket goodies on them, the Banger guys will be interested/help you with value.

4. There is also a Model T site, MTFCA.org.

Charlie Stephens

5. Don't scrap them! They aren't making them anymore ya know. Better to give them away!

6. Start by ID'ing what they actually are and go from there.

7. slodat

slodat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you need help with the years, the engine number will help identify the engine month and year.

Early blocks "open valve" are worth significantly more.

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Why in hell would scrapping even be an option? Like was said up the page they don't make them any more and someone out there is looking for one somewhere. Any item 85-100 years old deserves that basic respect...

9. ^^^^This.

10. carmuts

carmuts

MTFCA. org get alot more trafiic than the T portion of Fordbarn. Alot of the value will depend on the years. Early engines (1909-1914) bring crazy money. Mid 1914's-1919's not very much. 1923-1925's do OK and 1926-1927 are desirable because of the transmission changes and the popularity of the 26-27 body styles, the money is decent but don't over estimate their worth as they are more plentiful also. PM me the serial numbers and I can look up the years. Rod

11. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Interested as well. Serial #'s would help.

12. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Why?

13. 1927Tudor

1927Tudor

Definitely worth some money, particularly early years...

14. Normbc9

Normbc9

That engine if it is complete gets the bidders at many Car Restorer Auctions really bidding the prices up. I still see one being used as an Industrial Engine driving an irrigation pump north of my town. They are simple, light, dependable and have a reputation for longevity if properly cared for.
    Normbc9

15. Dennis M.

Dennis M.
    from San Jose

Thanks for all the response. Scraping them is a last resort. I will try to get some pics up soon along with the serial numbers on the block. The engines are located in san jose.

16. Mooseman

Mooseman

Scrapping is never a resort when it comes to this stuff, they arent costing you any money to keep maybe just a little space. Find a model t guy who might want them.

Every bit of old car stuff that gets scrapped is something we will never ever ever get back. EVER.

17. i like cars & stuff

i like cars & stuff
    from Aotearoa