Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model T door hinges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by easyrider47, Mar 13, 2018.

1. easyrider47

easyrider47

Does anyone know where I can get door hinges for my 27 T coupe. I think 18-29 Model A pickup uses the same door. thanks, Mike

chevy57dude likes this.
  2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

There as somebody selling new imported hinges a couple of years back on ebay, but I don't recall seeing them for a good while now.
    You may just have to rely on picking them up at swap meets and on ebay.
    I see a door set up for sale right now.
    I searched ford 1927 hinge.
    Just be sure as to what you need since there are a couple of variations when it comes to the top hinge on the A pillar.
    If you search my old threads here on the HAMB you will see some tech info posted about hinges way back when.

chevy57dude likes this.
  3. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

There is a T group over on the Ford Barn. Probably some one on that sight will be able to help

X38 likes this.
  4. Dad paid $75 each for nice Henry hinges a few years back at Carlisle. Seems many were hacksawed off to get doors in the past.
    Don't let the Ford Barn guys let you know you're a hot rodder.

5. I think i saw an alliance member vendor had them for sale earlier today. Can't seem to find it again

6. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I have some originals in good shape for sale here on the hamb. Do you need them for both doors or the upper, middle, bottom? Be sure to check out the uppers carefully. They are "L" shaped on the 1926-27 Coupe but I do not have any of the upper hinges. I do have middle and lower for the pillar side only.

There are two different types of hinges for the 26-27 Coupe. One set is in the pic below and the other set has the "L" shaped top hinge. Also, the Model T and Model A hinges can be confused to be the same while they are not.

Except for the two hole top hinge, the middle and bottom hinges are four hole on the 26-27 Model T Coupe. Some of the other Model T hinges have three holes so don't let anyone try to confuse you to buy their three hole hinges because you can't use them unless you drill out the pillar for three holes.

Try EBAY. Look for "GUNMAN63". He deals a lot with the 26-27 Model T Coupe parts. His stuff is quality.

Yes, the 28-29 Model A Pick Up is the same door.

I'm posting some pics of Model T and Model A hinges to give you an idea.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    chevy57dude likes this.
  7. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Also remember either the T or the pickup has a slightly larger diameter hinge pin.
    Be sure that any after market hinges have the holes pre-drilled as at one time there were hinges being sold without holes drilled...

Flathead Dave likes this.
  8. AndersF

AndersF

9. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Thanks Anders for finding my old thread.
    Not a bad effort if I do say so myself.
    Hinges can be a confusing part of building some of these old cars...

10. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.