Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model T- converted to power unit-anyone know what this transfer is?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarliner, Jul 4, 2011.

1. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

I came across this T sedan, that had been converted to a power plant to run, some sort of implememt, possibly a wood saw? Anyway wondered if anyone here could identify the transfer unit, that had been added, between the original T-trans and the rear end.It bolts to the T trans out put and has two shafts exiting the rear,lower one is attached to the, original T torque tube, which has been shortened, and the upper second shaft, runs to the implement to be ran. It has a single lever on top to change gear ratios, or to disengage it, with two positions, one is marked LH the other is RM. I was wondering if this is some sort of standard change over that was avalible or just some good old american ingenuity?The torque tube has been shortened, the length of this unit.I know there is probably someone here, that knows what this is, I dont. So if you know, the help would be appriciated.Thanks in advance. I will try and post a few pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a lot of aftermarket stuff for Model T's to use to convert them into a farm tractor or to drive some piece of equipment available back before WWII and I imagine that pieces is one of those.
    Back the it was buy a used Model T off the back row of the car lot or from another source, buy the pto drive and with a few hours out in the shed you had a low buck piece of equipment that would drive you pump, saw or what ever else you needed to power.

Around this area there are still a lot of cut down Model A's sitting around that have the rear tires right up by the front (or what's left of it) seat that were used as tractors or for other non road purposes.

3. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

Is it a Woods?