Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model T Chop Qeustion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GearHead614, Feb 28, 2008.

1. GearHead614

GearHead614

OK im choping my 27 Tall T and im wondering wht to do about the Header above the Windshield Frame....Its Huge and if i chop it around 6 '' im really not gonna be able to see out the window so i was think of make the header thinner, Soo If anyone has done this in the past some pics or info would be Much appreciated
    Gearhead/ Mike

Attached Files:

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Section it down to about 2" tall, then you'll end up with alot more windshield space! You'll have to run a different visor probably once sectioned.

also, section the rear window so you don't end up with a mail slot...

3. hammeredt

hammeredt

I replaced mine 3" rectangular tubing. Drilled and taped to accept the windshield hinge. j-

4. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

[​IMG][​IMG]...........................this is how i did it. cut it right out and sold it and put in a piece of angle iron worked good for mounting the windshield , i could have hidden the bolts by doing the same under the angle iron but i like the way the bolts look.You alsow can have a lot more window and its nice and strong

5. GearHead614

GearHead614

Very Cool Thanx guys i think it will help, Anybody else??

6. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i cant rember exactlly how much i sectioned it,,but here is the stock header sectioned...

[​IMG]

7. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Take the header out. Mine still has it and it can be quite a pain sometimes trying to see what's ahead.