Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features **Model T buckets/RPU's/Roadster/Tourings official photo thread**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old-Soul, Aug 25, 2010.

1. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

Mine has no paint what-so-ever on it so I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. No fake patina here.

Ron

2. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Well I guess I got this thread off on a gow job tangent. Although that's not a bad thing. Here is a few more pictures. The first I saw at the hotel in Wendover. Very kool. The second is a picture I found at a second hand store a while back. The real deal. Sorry if I have posted it before. The third of course is mine looking almost modern compared to the last couple of pages.
    Gary

Attached Files:

EVL401 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. rusty duztin

rusty duztin

23 t

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  4. 48bill

48bill

Here's mine a long time work in progress.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. Someone asked where this car got to. It was redone in the 80's with fenders and a little more gingerbread and a new color by Dave Stefanko. He still owns it and it resides in the Langley, BC area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. I have posted pics of my Tub before. I have wanted this car since I first saw John Monteiro's T tub back in 1962 in the first Beach Party movie. Started on it in 1980, built in 60's style with a chevy ll 4 banger. Gave it to my daughter in 2007. Getting it back next summer when I deliver her new chopped and channelled fenderless T coupe to her. I am making it a roller and she is finishing it. Looking forward to the tub coming home. Been in the family a while now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EVL401, A Boner, GuyW and 2 others like this.
  7. Here are some Canadian T builds from the 60's and 50's

Ernie Koverchuk from Vancouver. Built in the 60's. Updated with fenders in the 80's

[​IMG]

T-tub built by Wayne Fagrie in the 60's in Vancouver. Caddy engine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Al Nyberg from Burnaby and his 27 T in 67. Al still has the car. Maroon now.

[​IMG]

Another T from the same show in 67

[​IMG]

Schoonhoven, the show promoter from Portland showing his T in 67

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another T at the Vancouver 1967 show

[​IMG]

Nice 60's build taken in 1970

[​IMG]

This roadster pickup by Phil Doyle also runs a Caddy. Phil is still around and into cars.

[​IMG]

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

God I love full fendered Ts!!! Just was talking about that yesterday with a fellow H.A.M.B.er at So-Cal Phoenix's monthly get together. He was driving a yellow '27 sedan that was just right. Sorry I'm so bad with names, but post a shot of your car here, please...

9. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Fordnutz, are you sure you didn't steal that off the set of Sex Kittens Go To College? :D

Way cool,

Dave

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey steel rebel!
    That too cool speedster is owned by Don Small, reacently transplanted to Prescott, AZ. it was originally built by Pete Eastwood about ten years or so ago.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! Glad to hear that it still around! The second picture looks allot like it did when it was featured in Street Rodder about 1980 or so. I remember looking at that article then running to grab my Hot Rod 1962 annual to see if it was the same car... Yep! Sure would be nice to see it back in it's original guise... always one of my favorites!

12. Bigcheese327, Norm Grabowski built the tub in the movie Sex Kittens go to College. It was a 23 T I think. It became the TV star of My Mother the Car and I think they called it a Porter. It is in the Edmonton, Alberta, Canada area now. Pat.

13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Is this the same Lonnie G. that builds cars that look like airplanes today?! I love this T!! Anyone have a nice side shot of it?

Attached Files:

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

15. From Regina, Saskatchewan a nice T roadster/pickup

[​IMG]

Another Regina area car

[​IMG]

Al Nyberg's T in the 60's, still tucked away in his garage.

[​IMG]

Nyberg's T in the 80's in maroon. Still looks like this.

[​IMG]

Sometimes Al changes it into a roadster by removing the box and adding the turtledeck.

[​IMG]

Bernie Loughran's T in Vancouver in 1970 with a nailhead Buick in it. Built originally in the 50's with a flattie.

[​IMG]

Bernie is still into T's today and has a tub and this center door.

[​IMG]

Al Rycroft from Vancouver Island in the 70's.

[​IMG]

Bill Townsend in 1970 at a run in Burnaby.

[​IMG]

Bill Traquir in 1970 in Burnaby with his "Mod Rod" show T

[​IMG]

Chester Sepula from Victoria in the 60's. Ron Ford in White Rock owns the car today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hans Rusch's "Montego T" in 1970 in Burnaby. The car was eventually parted out into several cars. That was real Hilborn injection.

[​IMG]

16. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I think that is Bob Schoonhoven"s V/8 60 powered 'T'. Lonnie told me that car inspired the build of his 2 time AMBR winner. Lonnie's now resides in the Peterson Museum.

17. dick77

dick77

My 1916 T Bucket

Attached Files:

18. GARY?

GARY?

Chester's above is really neat.

19. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

[​IMG]
    FREAKIN' WICKED!!!:D

20. butch27

butch27

Dick77_ What steering box are you running?

21. mika112

mika112

waouhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooooooooddddddddddddd
    dream rod !!!!!

22. stephane-rod

stephane-rod
    from france

23. mika112

mika112

tu m'etonne !
    j'aime beaucoup sauf le trains avant trop suicide .

24. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

'50s & '60s style Ts in France? I wanna see some. Suicide? Hope your talking about a front axle.

25. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Going through some old photos from maybe '89 or '90 I came across these three. The bottom two are of course Von Franco's clone and a friend of his red T in the background. I still think his clone is the best yet.
    The top photo is an unfinished T started in the early '60s. Not sure what came of it. It was built in San Leandro Ca. Washington Manor district. Built by a fellow that was like a second father to me. Johnie Martinez. Not to be confused with Tony Martinez "Bay area Roadsters" that was a friend of his and lived close. I'm sure it went to his son John along with the 32 roadster in the background. If anybody knows anything more about these cars I'd like to know.

Attached Files:

26. morac41

morac41

Hi This is a Banger I built about 10 years ago out of bits from behind my shed ..took about 6 months ...27 T stepped chassis 27 T narrowed the cowl 9" and made the rear tub..Has a full belly pan...the front axle is a 32 and the buggy front springs were a pair of 36 dodge rears cut in half..rear end is a 37 with the torque tube cut down to length....motor is 28 A ..twin carbs extractor exhaust sports cam ford anglia dissy....28lb flywheel....FE 390 pistons...I weld filled the head to 7.5 compression....balance crank assembley.. used 39 gear box ..I had to shave off the 39 bellhousing and weld the gear box it to the A bellhousing..Had to modify the inputshaft in gear box to suit...10" clutch....1935 wire wheels with the rears have a 1" width rim band fitted to widen the rim...steering box from a 34 Willys....This is a great to drive and handles like its on rails...I dont have it now......Doug

Attached Files:

27. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

A few pages back, the talk was about fenders on t buckets. I haven't gone thru this whole thread, so this may be old news, but i took this pic around '67 at the nhra winternational drags. I always thought it looked good with fenders. With a top and side curtains, it could be an everyday driver.
    [​IMG]

28. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

It's time to bring this thread back up. I finally finished my bucket this past week and have been dying to add it to this thread.

Attached Files:

29. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

And very nice it is too !!!

30. I hope this works. I built this t roadster truck back in 1990

Attached Files: