Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Model T Body/Door Adjustment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaw22w, Apr 28, 2017.

1. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

I have a 1926 T coupe body on a custom frame. It has about 12K miles on it now. The driver's side door was just a very, very little bit low at the beltline and the striker when I originally put the body on the new frame with no shimming. Everything worked fine and I just let it go at the time. Now, that is biting me in the ass. It seems to be creeping lower (probably due to the webbing between the frame and body) and hitting the striker a little off, making the door handle hard to turn and creating a small rubbing sound on that little brass piece in there.
    So, apparently I need to do some body shimming at the frame, but I am not sure exactly how to proceed. Should I shim under the cowl about the distance that the door is low at the striker? Then pull the body down to the frame with the bolts closest to the rear of the door?
    On my T roadster the door alignment was fairly easy, but with the top of the coupe involved, I thought there might be more to it.
    Or is there a better method?
    Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker