Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Model Sunday 3/11/12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOWBLAZERO1, Mar 10, 2012.

1. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

I know it is a few hours early, but i wanted to kick this model Sunday off with a big shout out to a fellow Hamber, "strike a poser". he is a great guy. I posted in last week's model Sunday thread that i was looking for a grill for an O/T model i was building, as a replica of the truck my late Grandpa gave me before he passed away. Greg said he had one, and after P.M.ing him he said he'd ship it to me for no charge. i was super excited over this, as I loved my grandpa dearly, and his passing was bothering me very much. i even got to drive him to his grave in his truck. building this model, and having his truck helped me to deal with his death.

today i received a rather large box in the mail from Greg. not only did he send me the grills, he sent me almost 2 complete models, at no charge, and even paid the shipping out of his own pocket! i have never had anyone do something so awesome. it really means alot!
    thanks Greg!!!!

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Very cool of him. Just pay it forward some other time when you can. Gary

3. Deuces

Deuces

This needs a bump.... ;)

4. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Great to hear a cool story with a happy ending sometimes.

gnichols<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_7549920", true); </SCRIPT> said Uptop

PAY IT FORWARD down the line and everything is Cool.....

5. Old stuff from model club meetings,,,,,,,,,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

What about the woody in the background? nice work

7. froghawk

froghawk

Nice story, Lowblazero. Sorry for your loss. Hope to see a photo of the model of your Grandpa's truck when you get it done.

Great selection, Lyle. Love that Merc wagon and that in-prog Carson top custom. That '57 Chev looks familiar!

My Larry Watson tribute '59 Thunderbird is finally done after what seems like forever. The first model I've actually completed since December '09. It's based on an original 1959 AMT "3-in-1" Customizing Kit. The front and rear bumpers are resin repros by Modelhaus of AMT '58 T-bird promo model pieces. The wheel covers are also Modelhaus repros of '59 Dodge caps, which were a custom option in an early '60s AMT kit (anybody remember which one?) Other than shaving the handles and emblems, the only other body mods was to open up the hood scoop and add a bit of the grill from a Monogram '58 T-bird. Considerable time was spent modifying the vent window frames and windshield pillars for a more accurate appearance. Hope you like it!

View the whole saga here... http://public.fotki.com/FrogHawk/59-thunderbird/

Attached Files:

8. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Awesome work Froghawk!

9. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

Great pics as always lyle.

10. Sauli

Sauli

NICE WORK, "Froghawk"!!!:)

I remember seeing some of Your previous posts on working on that T-Bird. I´d really like to try out something similar on one of my own projects, I suppose the hardest part in a paint-scheme like that would probably be putting in the fine outline by the edge of each panel, as in gold in Your project. How did You go about that?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  11. wisdonm

wisdonm

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  12. rc57

rc57

Deciced to tackle the car hauler I started years back.

Attached Files:

13. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

14. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Here are two Jimmy Flinstone resin bodys I am working on

Attached Files:

15. gosh I had forgot how much fun models could be. used to build them and when the kids grew up kinda stopped. we have a grandson were rasing could be time to start again. I have two up in the closet Raiders coach and ice cream truck unopened and signed by Geo Barris back in the 60s.

16. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

Got the decals on.

Attached Files:

17. themodelking

themodelking

1/8th scale 32 roadster full blown detailed interior 100% scratch built including seat .. need to make the console next DSCF0043.JPG

DSCF0045.JPG

DSCF0047.JPG

DSCF0048.JPG

DSCF0016.JPG

DSCF0044.JPG

DSCF0046.JPG

18. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

My latest built, a Revell '37 Ford Pickup - got most of the engine together, just ready to painting and plumbing/wiring. Going to build it as a street/strip truck, lowered in the front but stock height in back. Wheels and tires are from the '62 Impala kit, and the engine is one of the Revell Parts Pack 421 Pontiac engines. It's blown with Hillborn injectors and a transmission out of a Parts Pack Ford 427. Headers are from the Pontiac kit, but I'm going to be gluing on some short extensions at the flange, made out of thin aluminum tubing.

Attached Files:

19. Hot_Rod_Johnny

Hot_Rod_Johnny
    from Sweden

Nice work everybody and a great story that starts the thread!

Froghawk, that Bird is immaculate - I love it!!!

I have been kinda lazy this week and have only been to the paint booth a couple of times:

[​IMG]

So the (first) duece for the build off will be red :)

20. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I've been wanting to post some of my projects for a while. Just never find time.This my Cement Mixer.

Attached Files:

21. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I can't make those 1937 Ford pickups like like anything that suits me! Has anyone had any luck?

22. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

23. Ed "Axle" II

Ed "Axle" II
    from Evans,CO

Good work on here this as always!!! Working on my 1/25 32 ford hope to get some of it done this week

24. GaryM

GaryM

rc57
    what cab and chassis did you base your car hauler on?
    Ya gotta love the look of a Peterbuilt tractor.
    Gary

25. Ed "Axle" II

Ed "Axle" II
    from Evans,CO

It look like a 359 Pete I drive a 386 Pete and have had a 379 Pete

26. rocketman402

rocketman402

27. fat141

fat141

Lyle and Froghawk, brilliant as always and a good story to kick of with. Its called Karma and what goes round comes around.:cool:
    Nothing to post this week,seem to be in hospital a lot lately and they wont let me use the laptop. Bloody cardiologists:D
    Cheers
    Rod

28. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

These days I can't afford to build real cars since I am dumping all my money into lawyer fees so I thought I'd get back into models. Shit, I cant even afford them either. They got expensive! I had a bunch of old cannibalized kits, left overs and a huge parts box, but it all got stolen....

29. rc57

rc57

That's the "Midnight Express" 359 Peterbuilt.

30. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Great stuff!!

Opened the drivers door on my '65... what a tricky thing to do especially getting all the door gaps nice again! Still needs tweaking, like fitting the kick panel properly and filling the gap between the body and rear door panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]