Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model car Sunday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bustedlifter, Sep 9, 2007.

1. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Didn't see anything yet and there hasn't been one for a couple weeks so here goes; Work in progress

Attached Files:

2. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

It might be cheating, a diecast "Greek" fed.

Attached Files:

3. 40bcool

40bcool
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa,Ok

Here are a couple of big 32's i have done. The first is dry lakes wantabe. The second is the Rolling Stone car from Texas 1957 era. Let me know what you think.
    40BCOOL

40 Ford Coupe
    29 Ford Roadster

Attached Files:

4. damnfingers

damnfingers

40bcool....nice cars...nice engine detailing.

5. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

40bcool Holy shit. Those are unbelievable. That is talent. Do you sell those?

6. 2002p51

2002p51

Here's my latest project.

The first photo is of a model that I built in high school back in 1964 or 1965.

[​IMG]

The model is long gone and I have no idea what happened to it. So I decided that since so many famous full scale rods and custom have been or are being re-created, why not do the same thing in model form.

This second photo is the result.

[​IMG]

I used as many original parts as possible for this re-creation. Although I did do the plug wires with wire instead of the sewing thread that I used back then. But every thing else is as true to the original as I could make it.

7. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

the good thing about models is that I own many cars that I would never be able to afford in big scale !

8. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

First Model Car Sunday post for me.

Revell '41 Willys with chopped top, narrowed rear frame rails, fabbed tubs, 427 Ford, MPC Mustang II front end, 9 inch rear from parts box. Headlight rims are shaved '40 Ford, taillights are one section of '69 Mustang, grille is '69 Mustang, door handles are '80s style GM, most of the interior was from some Japanese car model, forget which one. Wheels are Monogram Glidden T-Bird pro stock, slicks are MPC, front tires are parts box. It rolls as freely as a Hotwheels car. The Willys was a tough car to chop and not get any weird angles, kinda like chopping an egg. No filler was used, so nothing shrunk. Car was smoothed and painted Ferrari red.

In case you are wondering about the jap interior, wheels, and general monochromatic look, I built this car in 1987. Up to date back then; of course if I were to do it now, I'd go with polished Americans, more chrome, and trad interior.

-KK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

lol yeah 40 standard i hear ya on that one

10. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

just mocked up this 36 ford the other day, trying to get a perspective on how this thing will look, right now i'm chasing after a 3 window top for it, then i will get it rolling. i either want it to have the stance it has, or i want to set up the rear like the old customs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the 55 4 door is coming along good, since the picture, i finished up the passenger side 4 door conversion, got it into primer and in white paint, now i need to mask off some white and shoot the black paint, and it'll be looking just like my real 55 4 door, and with the high cost of resin, i saved about 30 bucks on a new 4 door body hehe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

dammm ol skool............. good to see ya posting the 36 looks hot and im curious to see how you did the 4 dror conversion on that 55

welll seeing how its like 100 degrees outside already and the wifey and i dont have nething planned for the day we are gonna work on models all day....... so ill get some pics up of my recent stuff later on this evening

12. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

ol skool, go against the grain, chopp the shit outta that 5 window and send it on its way....lol

13. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

all i did for the 55 4 door conversion was

1. cut out both A pillars with about 4mm of the door top intact, and about 2mm behind the A pillar intact, and cut off directly at the bottom of the A pillars, then flip them, and glue em in. that puts them right about where they need to be.

2. cut out the new door lines, the new line should be right in front of the old door handle. cut out the back door line also, the line should be right outside of the bel air script.

3. put in the new c pillars made from styrene strips, and shape them

thats pretty much all you need to do, you'll need many layers of filler over the old door jamb to fill it, but after a while, that thing will be lookin like it came out of the box as a 4 door, and you will have saved about 35 bucks!:cool:

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Shouldn't you be using a '37 Chevy for this????? :D

Nice job, I an't wait to see it done!
    LSM

15. Ol Skool 29,...that 36 looks good just "taped up", needs a chop and smooth hood sides. Nice 55 4-door too.

16. TerryE

TerryE

Great work as always.......
    2002P51....Love the re-creation of the pickup. What color and type of paint is that? I've been out of modeling for a long time, maybe it's time to jump back in. Terry

17. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

wow!!!!!! not much response to model car sunday this week
    must be lots of full scale shows and stuff going on

well here is my stuff for this week

1. got my Model A RPU pretty much done... this is a revell body with an extremely Z'ed frame, custom built bed chopped and channeled and a flattie out of the AMT merc kit. kustom/scratch built lake headers and carb stacks

2. My wife finished up a 64 Falcon she built as a gift for her moms new boyfreind ( supposably he has one very similair to it, i have yet to see it in person thou)

3. Then the wife started on a Revell 32 three window today, did some z'ing of the frame front and rear to get it down in the weeds

4. I finally got the Parts Model A pickup shot in the base coat colors,
    is going to be the rusty ratty type of build. it has got a Kustom/scratch built frame, gonna run a 2 carbed flattie, '34 commercial wires out of Linbergh's 34 PU kit with skinnys all around and fat whites

ive got way to much on the build table right now, everytime i pass a cool kit in the store ive got to buy it.....lol

ive got a Model A Coupe kit, Another 32 3 window kit, A AMT willys PU, A Full Kustom BUilt Salt Flat Coupe, A 48 Ford Taildragger, and a few other cool ones to either finish, start or do.......

so hopefully in the next couple of weeks ill at least be posting some more work

Attached Files:

18. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

i love em both! gotta love bonneville! man i can't beleive i missed another sunday.....but hey i bet it's sunday somewhere. :D

19. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

too cool you still have that pic! i love the idea, nice job!

20. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

great looking projects! :cool:

21. 2002p51

2002p51

It's Testors Model Master Bright Green Pearl applied with an airbrush.

I remember the original was metallic green shot with a rattle can but I can't remember the exact shade. I think this is close.

22. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

guess i'll have to drag out the 37 chevy gasser kit i have, time to build one of your new ride! :rolleyes:
    got any dark maroon paint i could use for the 37? :D

23. HotRodTom32

HotRodTom32
    from DSM, Iowa

I may be a day late, but don't count me short! I got a '37 Sled in the works.
    The subject is a '37 Chevy Cabriolet that has already had a top from a '40 Ford Deluxe grafted on. I have added headlights from a '57 Chrysler 300-C to the front, and done a tailight bar treatment on the rear since these pics have been taken. Enjoy![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

hotrodtom32, wow .... that definerent id like to see the update pics along with the finished product.... thats too cool

25. I was just thinking the same thing.

26. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

I;ve been flipping thru some 60's magazines lately,
    its amazing how much print went towards models and go-karts.
    It musta been to get HOT RODDING in the brain of the youngsters.
    (as well as those not able to have a 1:1 car)

Anyway there are so many articles about sectioning, engine swaps etc.
    and there were some serious competitions at shows and stuff.

I've got boxed models of each car I have thinking too build them like I would,
    but just don't have the time right now.

It is cool to see you guys keepin it up.

TP

27. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I'm sure we can figure something out.
    Did you ever get to show Ron Iannotti the model you did of my old C-dan? That thing was awesome!

Very cool. I'd like to see the update pics also.

28. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

quick question,did anybody make a 50 studebaker model of any kind and does anybody have a pic of the box art so i'll know what kit i'm lookin for ? thanks for the help.

29. 62_Galaxie_500

62_Galaxie_500

I think AMT/Ertl reissued a '53 Studebaker coupe model a few years ago. I'm looking for one too.

EDIT: I found a picture of the box at least...

[​IMG]

30. HotRodTom32

HotRodTom32
    from DSM, Iowa

Get with AWBCRAZY. This guy can usually find the "hard stuff", or knows somebody who can. I would like a '50/'51 Stude nose so I can put it on a '50 Chevy slantback.
    Thanks for the comp's fella's! :) I gotta get more pics posted to my bucket site, and I'll post more here. I keep tryin' to make it in on Sundays, but I am rather busy on that particular day. :eek: