Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model Car Sunday.. 9-25-2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Sep 25, 2011.

1. sobpunx

sobpunx

Those knobs are insane! I have been making full size shifter knobs at work on my lunch break that look almost just like that.

[​IMG]

Here are the last two I have finished the 49 is chopped and sectioned (my second chop and first section job)
    [​IMG]

and a 53 with only a few mods.
    [​IMG]

2. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

a willys pick up im stuck between a gasser or pro street with the ET wheels. and my 56 i havent done much with lately

Attached Files:

3. ...sorry no inside shots but everything looks just great!

4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Did someone say 1/8 scale? Here is a vette I did a while back around 2000 or 2001. Engine is the first complete build of a bbc in 1/8 scale. Cragar S/S wheels were made from scratch, cast in resin and chrome plated by chrome tech. Base kit is '65 but converted to '67. Tunnel ram is totaly scratch built for the 1/8 scale hemi engine that George Zurowski sold.

Attached Files:

5. RM-Special

RM-Special

That looks fantastic,have you got any more oldstyle drag cars that you have built,if so post 'em up.
    Cheers RM

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Several old projects of mine, not quite finished... Most of you would have seen them before, but........Well here they are again.
    Tony Nancy's car.
    [​IMG]

And a fuel altered, the body is made up of the roof from a Revell 3 window and the body from an AMT 5 window kit. Chassis is made up of soldered brass tube.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The body, roof had to be narrowed quite a bit to fit the AMT body.

[​IMG]

The Tony Nancy car and the chassis I built.

[​IMG]

One day I am going to finish a model............

Doc.

7. Deuces

Deuces

Sorry dude! Got sidetracked wit something else.. :rolleyes: I'll post something later tonight... ;)

8. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Steve ! you killed it !!! how is it possible to make such little pieces with 1:1 hands ? give us you magic spell ! we want to be able to reduce ourselves too !lol! :D

9. I didn't take a picture of the box since it's already been posted . Here's whats in the box and a pic of the body shell. Looks like a nice kit. Wide whitewalls too. Yay !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. RM-Special

RM-Special

Hey Doc ,I have the same problem,too many projects and not one finished ;).
    I infact have the Tony Nancy kit sitting in the cupboard screaming for attention,but I've side tracked off into the world of tether car racing,so it will have to wait.
    Cheers RM

11. Deuces

Deuces

Is this the kit???.. I love it! :)
    Can't wait to get started on it... :D

Attached Files:

12. Deuces

Deuces

I found a gasser front axle assembly in my parts stash yesterday and mocked it up with my Revell '55 chevy chassis pan... Sweeeeeeet! :D
    It fit like a glove.. :D:D
    Let the fun begin!!! :):D

Attached Files:

13. Oh my god! those laminated knobs are just insane! Did you make a working ignition w./key also
    Damit you're good

Klaus

14. Deuces

Deuces

Cool stuff man!:cool:

15. a-fordable

a-fordable

GREAT THREAD!!!!-keep us posted

16. froghawk

froghawk

Steve... Love those dash knobs! What did you use to laminate the sheets together? Cyano? Or...?

17. Deuces

Deuces

Found on the net.... :)

I'll post more this Sunday.. ;)

Attached Files:

18. scrubba

scrubba

This is an addition to a few other service stations I have constructed over a period of years . Each time I do one , it's an actual location . This time , I'm using some old photographs as the station I'm doing is opposite of the pictures and its been modified over the years.
    [​IMG]

This is a model of a station that was built in 1957 in Highland Springs near Richmond Va .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

scrubba

19. Deuces

Deuces

Sweeeeeeeet! :D

20. scrubba

scrubba

Duces, since you can't / won't receive a P- M , let me invite you to the Tidewater Automotive Modelers Society show October 22nd in the V F W hall, Norfolk Virginia . P-M me on directions , I used to drive professionally . scrubba

Oh, i'll have a service station dis[played in diorama too...........

21. Pete McKay

Pete McKay
    from Fresno, CA

Working on a 1950 Austin Gasser mounted on a shortened 1960's funny car chassis, not sure what class it would have run in on the racing circuit but it could be an alcohol or nitro car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The body has taken weeks to do, all of the opening features were glued shut and the seams molded in. The interior tin from the Hawaiian funny car donor was modified to fit along with some of it being scratch built.

If anyone knows what class this might have run in, mid to late 1960's, let me know so I can get the class code letters correct.

22. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Your Austin model is awesome. Due to the flip up body, non-functioning doors, and engine set back, the NHRA would have probably classified it as an altered. Being that it's supercharged, it would have been either AA/A or BB/A, depending on the weight per cubic inch. In those classes, it would have run gasoline. If it ran nitro, you'd probably be an over weight AA/FA. I could be mistaken, but I don't think NHRA adopted alcohol as a fuel until the early to mid 70's, for classes like BB/FC.

Very cool model. I hope you'll post more pics in future Sunday model threads as it progresses.

23. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

So you are like 4" tall or just one sick guy. That's what the F'n awesome.:D

24. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Ok, I'll take a stab. I don't get to build models as much as I would like. With a family, job, and home to maintain, it seems there's not a lot of time left. Plus with 2 little boys that want to "help" whenever I try to build a model, well let's just say it doesn't lend itself well to concentration and focus (lol).

I'm obviously a Willys gasser nut, so I built this KS Pittman Willys a couple years ago. I started with an AMT 33 kit, cut the floor off the frame, narrowed the rear of the frame, made a new floor, made the roll cage, fabbed the rear suspension, used a Willie Borsch front axle, adapted a transverse spring, fabbed the front four link mounts, and used the 4-bars from a Polar Lights FC kit. Whew, what a run-on sentence. The engine block is from the Big John kit, with the Torque-flite from the PL kit, and assorted blower and injector parts. The hood is from Drag City Casting, and saves a ton of time trying to convert the old Ohio George nose. About the only pieces remaining from the AMT Willys kit are the frame, steering linkage, body, and parachute. Now that I've bored you to death, here's some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Deuces

Deuces

Sorry Scrubs... I won't be able to make it.. :( Got allot goin' on..:(

26. Hey guys do any of you know when the new revell 1948 ford custom coupe is supposed to come out?

Thanks in advance

Bagged Chevy

27. Pete McKay

Pete McKay
    from Fresno, CA

Willy's, thanks for the info, that was just what I needed.

Last weeks project was my own Willy's, based on the SW&C kit. I made my own decals with Testors decal film and made it a family affair...

[​IMG]

The decal for the engine builder, the print is half the height of the In God We Trust on a quarter and still readable.

[​IMG]

28. Deuces

Deuces

It should be out already... I'd give it another couple of weeks before it shows up at your LHS...
    Another one that's out this month is the '59 Impala Convertible.. :D I have an older release that's molded in blue.. Yuck! :(

Attached Files:

29. fbama73

fbama73

Recently, a member of our model club passed away. Roger was a veteran, a fan of traditional rods and customs, and just a heck of a great guy to know. I got several unbuilt kits from his stash, and I wanted to build this one to honor him. I think he'd like the style, and he always liked Katie. Just wished he;'d gotten to build this one himself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Cool thanks deuces