Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A wood

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dynaflash, Jan 12, 2012.

1. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I have searched and can't find what I am looking for.......if it has been covered before (and I am sure it has) please send me in the right direction.

I am looking for patterns or at least drawings of the wood used inside a 30 Model A Ford closed cab truck. I am most interested in everything below the top. Also the same for a 30 Tudor

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mark

2. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

Maybe no one has this info? 80 views and no response.........not even a funny one?

3. I have a 1929 Town Sedan that needs complete wood kits to the tune of about $4,000. I am told that these kits, whether its for trucks or cars, are VERY intricate. A half degree off means poor fit.

You can try fordbarn.com but I have found no one with patterns for this very reason. Believe me, if I could get my hands on T.S. wood patterns, I would make my own.

The truck kit is actually pretty affordable, comparatively. I have often thought it would be cool to fab a steel reinforcement kit to replace the wood bracing - not for purists though.

Is this truck to be an original body or is it a street rod?

4. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

It is a Hot Rod.

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Car-Line Mfg in Beaumont TX. 409-833-9757

6. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

My problem with the Model A wood, is I don't want a complete kit, I only want a couple of the center cross roof pieces. I'd be happy with some used ones frankly.

Good luck with the search.

RustyNCA