Register now to get rid of these ads!

model A wiring diagram

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kyle paul, Sep 15, 2009.

1. does anyone have wire diagram or know how a stock model A generator wires . i got a stock chassie and got it running and would like to hook up the charging system .thanks kyle

2. BigEd

BigEd

3. Departed

Departed
    from Canada

I would like to have it too.. if you ever find one. Having trouble with the lights.

4. BigEd

BigEd

The old geocities link is gone, but here is a diagram I have.
    Hope it helps.
    wiring-diagramcolor2sm.jpg

Departed likes this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Departed

Departed
    from Canada

awesome! thanks

6. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Kyle, you don't mention if you are using a stock wire harness or junction box that is located about mid engine side of the firewall but it's fairly simple. From the cut out, located on top of the generator, the yellow and black wire goes to the driver side of the junction box. From the junction box it continues to the amp gauge. From the amp gauge it is now a yellow wire and goes to the passenger side of the junction box. If all your other wires are intact that is all thats involved in the charging circuit. Power to the junction box passenger side, is a yellow wire from the starter switch and a black wire from the minus side of the coil to the driver side of the terminal box. The plus side of the coil goes to the "pop out switch" as a red wire and from the switch to the distributor. Most of the suppliers for Model A parts have a wiring diagram in their catalog.

7. Here's a stock wiring diagram.
    wiring_diagram_A.jpg