Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model-A spindle with a chevy hub question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by budd, Apr 11, 2012.

1. budd

budd

So i just sold a T sedan to be used as a display, the fellow i sold it to want's to use the Chevy wheels that came with the T and i need to figure out a simple way to do this, no brakes will be used, i have a couple sets of stock Model-A spindles and i'm installing them on a new dropped axle, whatever chevy hub will be a simple fit, i can turn my own spacers on the lathe just need a little giudance, thanks, i know it's a little OT.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. budd

budd

how about the evening crew? chevy hubs on model-a spindles

3. 31Apickup

31Apickup

You'll have to redrill the Model A hubs to the Chevy pattern.

4. Don't know if A spindles will work, but '27 and earlier Chevy spidnles were used to lower T's.

The stock T spindles should work with the Chevy hubs (I'm guessing that he's using disk wheels)?

If not, I have an extra pair of '27 spindles.

5. If you are already using the A spindles on your axle, easiest way would be to just use the A hubs and drill them for chev bolt pattern.

6. budd

budd

well i looked at re-drilling my A hubs which are 5 on 5-1/2", but thats a no go, there is just not enough room to go down to 5 on 4-3/4", so i took another set of later hubs and re-drilled them, thanks for the input.