Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Sedan Interior - Exposed Wood

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J_Neely, Dec 21, 2012.

1. J_Neely

J_Neely

Hello

For my 31 Sedan, I have been envisioning to reupholster the original seats with correct fabric from LeBaron Bonney. I'd like to have rubber floor mats, and leave everything else exposed - All of the top and body wood. After chewing it over a bit, and setting some of the wood pieces in place, I am concerned that the wood would clash with the black body. I'm looking for ideas to tie in the black car with original seats (grey, brown or khaki) and exposed wood. Perhaps a dark stain on the wood?

Any ideas or photos of tasteful A interiors with wood exposed are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. J_Neely

J_Neely

Bump

Anyone?

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds rather like doing something half way and ending up with an unfinished vehicle. Great if you plan on winning an "unfinished" award at one of the local rod trots but I think it would get old pretty quick.

4. brady1929

brady1929

i would use a very dark stain on the wood

5. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

For my '28 A Tudor; I used the same material that was used for upholstering the seats on top of the roof bows, facing in.

The top bows were new and varnished so they looked like it was intended that way. (much like a "T" market wagon)

The upholstery for the seats and door panels only comes up to the belt line and all the rest of the exposed wood is painted black. (same color as the car)

6. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I don't think that answers anything asked here.
    Look around here. Lots of interior model a shots to see and compare

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

7. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I just did a model a pu,top doors,kick panels.The owner had replaced all the wood .He varnished and stained a medium walnut color.I did the same as above,covered the bows on top with finish poining down.Not really my cup of tea,but looked nice.

8. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Call me crazy but my vote is for exposed wood finished accordingly of course. To me its just another part of the old timey soul that a hotrod posseses.

9. J_Neely

J_Neely

Digger Dave, I'd like to see photos of your interior if you have some. Sounds cool.

I will admit I think I'd like the chicken wire showing for the roof, but a headliner above the bows would definitely give a more finished look.

Thanks for the input, guys