Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model A roadster progress #4

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Your right, thanks for the thought

2. I only have two V8 caps...they are on the driver's side :D

3. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

:D:D

Nick.

4. Scored today,
    I know a guy who had his 29 roadster interior done in wide black tuck in roll. He didn't like it, so he sold the interior to another guy I know. He sold everything but the seats (front and rumble seat). He put them in a 34 5W, but they didn't fit too well, so he offered them to me. I got both seats, I took out the seat riser and they fit great. Yes, they are leather.
    Aside from that, I located a 32 4 cylinder raditor. The grill sits up a little too high, but know of a place that can shorten the core. It looks 100% better with the grill set back were it's suppost to be

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Stop it Chris you're killing me. Next your gonna find a chopped roadster top!

6. Chuck R

Chuck R

Chris,
    You have a great eye. The 28 -29 model A is my all time favorite and when I saw yours I know why. Beautiful. Can't wait to see pictures of you going down the road.
    chuck

7. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

The BLC's are the best, I'm kinda partial though. I supposedly got the first pair of those 17" "Balloon" Firestones when the popped out of the mold. I guess I have the local advantage. Car looks great, love it... all of it.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

Attached Files:

8. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Chris, Now we're talkin', that interior looks Bloody great!

Nick.

9. Yeah, but then I'd have to get a set of side curtains as well so I could drive it in the snow:D

10. Thanks a lot, it's amazing what aligning a few parts will do!

11. Thanks Nick!

12. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Gosh... next your going to find a set of arduns or something? You always get the good stuff!

13. Thats the only stuff to get ;)

14. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

You got the look you wanted. Don't stop!! It looks great!! Keep the progress posted...words and photos.

15. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Looks so good!
    TRADITIONAL HOTROD all the way!

Norton

16. solid

solid

Looks real cool. That seat was a score, for sure.

17. Yeah, and I got the matching rumble seat as well!

18. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

How many Subarus are in your family anyway?????

Lookin' good Chris.....

19. HAHAHAH! I have the lil red wagon, and my girlfriend just bought the new silver outback.

20. Kind of a boring update, but a big one. I finally got the quarter panel ready to go one, and started attaching it. I have the door jam re-flanged on and rivited. I "jammed" it with some primer and POR-15. Once I get the quarter finished, I can start bolting this thing together. I also located and installed a stock length steering column so I will be able to steer the thang :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Chris, I don't see anything boring!A Great step nearer your goal!

Nick.

22. Thanks Nick.

OK guys, I need some advise. I am kinnd stumped when it comes to the tailight(s). I planned on running a single in the center of the rear panel with the license plate below it. I have also thought it two lights like 39 Fords or 41 Chevs in the rear panel, but this is so common nowdays (but looks oh-so-good). I also have the stock early A bracket that hangs the tailight off the drivers side. This may look to stock-ish.

Any suggestions???

23. Center or stockish gets my vote.

24. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Chris, Single centre light, Looks the earlier style I reckon.

Nick.

25. alchemy

alchemy

One stock light on a forged '28 bracket.

26. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Pair of '39 Ford's.....you're buildin' a hotrod right? Most every other early hotrod built these days in the style you're building has the single taillight....

27. the sqare chevs

28. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm gonna dig through some books tonight of cars back in that era and figure it out. Thats the one thing on his car I just can't place in my head.

29. greaser

greaser

I'd lean a little on the side of safety here and use 2 tailights. Minimize the chance to have somebody kiss your *ss! This is totally a personal decision, and I'm sure whatever you choose will be killa!

30. Single taillight gets my vote because you can use you hand signals for the secondary stop signal. As for placement put it where ever you think looks good.