Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Model A Pickup Panel Stamping Question???

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by fiftyv8, Mar 10, 2014.

1. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I have been looking at purchasing some Model A pickup cab panels from a Supplier in Los Angeles CA.

I am not in CA so can not look at them but did ask whose stamping they were?

His replay is as follows;

"These panels are stamped by Roadsterute. These are the same panels brookville sell."

Can anybody confirm the above statement, is the stamping company producing Brookville panels called Roadsterute???

I dont want to be purchasing panels from a manufacturer that has a bad quality reputation for their work.

I am OK with Brookville, but dont want to pay for one and get anothers product...

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Roadsterute would likely be a New Zealand or Australia company, I'm guessing. Just because a company doesn't make a certain product themselves doesn't mean it is bad. It simply means that it is cheaper for that seller to sell another's product than to develop it themselves.
    The number of actual manufacturers of duplicate sheet metal products in this business is way way smaller than anyone would imagine.
    Simply put, Brookville is unlikely to be selling a product that is inferior to their standard ofmanufacture.

3. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Waddington Street Rod and Restoration in Castlemaine Victoria Australia.
    Good products. Has some of the original sheet metal stamps from Geelong Ford Factory I believe.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I've seen Waddington's CCPU, really nice; which is the body that Roadsterute shows on it's website.

http://www.roadsterute.com/documents/2829closedcabinfopageforwebsite_000.pdf

5. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

So Roadster Ute Inc panels are stamped in the USA then???

6. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unless something changed they are stamped in Australia. There was an article in Australian Street Rodder by Larry O'toole on the process and also in Street Rodder over here.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

It seems a little odd to me for example that if stamped in Australia why a Model A closed cab pickup body can be had in the USA for US$8,500 and yet in Australia they sell for AUD$10,500 even at a 90 cent currency conversion that would make purchasing the USA body cost in Australian dollars = AUD$9,445.

I would have thought if stamped in Australia and then shipped to the USA then the cost in the USA would be higher not lower???

8. The A CCPU, 34 Roadster Ute and 34 Tub bodies are stamped in Australia

I have toured the shop where they are stamped, nice operation

They are also a Brookville agent in Australia, I bought my 28 Roadster body from them

I'm going to buy their 29 CCPU doors to go onto my 27 Coupe.
    VERY nice product

As for pricing .....I guess they sell them at whatever price is appropriate for the market, and the volume being sold

Buy there CCPU panels, you won't be disapointed

9. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

So then the CCPU panels for a model A are stamped in the USA!!!

Which would explain the cost difference possibly...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  10. Re-read what Halfdone wrote.

I suspect part of the reason you're seeing such a discrepancy in price is that the PDF flyer is old and likely doesn't reflect current pricing.

11. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Australian price is currently listed on Australia ebay and the USA price was taken from a US Roadster Ute Agent website this week...

12. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I'd like to know who actually does stamping of these panels?

I figure we know Waddingtons and Brookville do.

How about others for example do Howells and Mack Products and who else is out there that must stamp stuff for Snyders etc...

I have since been warned of folks selling 2nd's at swap meets which are not declared as 2nd's.

13. jfg455

jfg455
    from NH

I thought I saw an article a while back showing Brookville had 2 of their own presses (like 50 Ton and a 75 Ton) and were stamping their own panels. Am I wrong on this? my memory isn't what it should be...:eek:

14. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Yes, I am sure you are correct, they stamp panels, I was wondering who else stamps them as well???