Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Model A perch bolt bushings for later spring shackles?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chappy444, Jun 30, 2021.

1. I am using some model A spring perch bolts (small bore) and a later style reverse eye spring (larger bore).
    In the Pete and Jakes shackle kit I have, all of the bushings are of the larger OD size and are to large for the A perch bolts smaller ID hole.
    Does anyone make and sell the smaller OD bushing that will work with the P&J shackles?
    I can't be the first person to run into this... do most people just modify the OD on the larger bushings to fit and send it?
    I see Limeworks has some oil-lite bronze bushings I could probably chuck up in a lathe and turn down to size but I was hoping for a ready made part.
    Thanks for the info.
    Chappy

2. alchemy

alchemy

I can't say I've ever noticed the A perch has a different size hole. Some have a tin liner that might still be stuck in there. Can you remove it if it's there?

I might also recommend calling P&J as they have probably heard of the problem before. They might have a different size bushing available.

3. rusty valley

rusty valley

An A perch hole is 3/4". and 32 & up is 13/16" if I remember. Most folks match the spring eye hole to the perch you are using, A spring to A perch, etc. If want to mix em up you will have to make your own bushings

4. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Model A front perches are 11/16 ID .
    If you had just called Pete & Jakes , you would have found that
    they have the bushings you are looking for !

rusty valley likes this.

5. rusty valley

rusty valley

thanks for the correction Pete

6. Thanks everyone for the info.
    Chappy