Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Mechanical drawings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joemac05, Nov 8, 2012.

1. joemac05

joemac05

Does anyone know where i could find mechanical drawings for a Model A cylinder head or head gasket? Or even a sketch with the proper dimensions? :D:D:D Pretty please.....

Dimensions or drawings for other mechanical parts would be very nice too, but the cylinder head is what I am looking at right now.

2. BigEd

BigEd

3. joemac05

joemac05

Yes, an overwelming array of good stuff there, thanks. I've been looking through it but the thing that eludes me are any drawings with actual dimensions.

4. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

http://www.maffi.org/My_Homepage_Files/Page9.html Is right where you want to be...also there is a route to requesting prints of Ford parts directly at the Ford research center, better info can be found on Fordbarn. You can request by mail or work there, requesting by part number. Some original paper, I think, lots of microfilm.

Another neat source, though generally without dimensions, is patent drawings...I have posted several lists of A and V8 patent numbers.
    You go to Google advanced patent search, put in "Ford Motor" as assignee, set date limits several years wide...some patents predate use, many were filed a few years late. Blast away and find neat stuff with absolutely wonderful drawings.