Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A gets a hood

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flt-blk, Jul 18, 2018.

1. I have been driving this car for over 15 years and finally decided I wanted a hood, a couple years ago I removed the Lake Pipes and built headers that are tucked in in preparation.
    Over the last month I spent some time and bent some sheet metal over an Acetylene bottle and used a borrowed bead roller to make the hood. Last week I shot some primer and paint in Washington Blue. This week I color sanded and polished it up. I like it, and it makes the truck look even longer.

The down side is you can't see the Studebaker motor very well now, and I kinda want more of it to be straight and shiny. it's a slippery slope

ModelA-hood2.JPG

ModelA-hood1.JPG

2. You do good work Tyler, looks good.

3. Looks good but does tend to hide the engine. HRP

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks great!

5. alchemy

alchemy

Try a plexiglas hood. Should be able to see the engine better.

Boryca and Bandit Billy like this.
  6. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

7. Nice job, bitchin' truck!

8. bct

bct

Looks a bit long then your eye is taken to the full wheel wells and then everything is perfect.

9. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Love it with a hood. I dont mind hood sides either but without looks good too.

10. F&J

F&J

either way, the entire build really looks like an old time hotrod.

11. I was originally planning on running hood sides and using 32 Chevrolet sides with the doors. But now I kinda like it with just the top.
    The only down side I have found so far is it pushes the engine heat under the car and is coming in the floorboards, I guess I need to plug all the floor openings now.

Next Step is 5sp which means I will move the shifter forward and I wont need the notch in the seat, so I can upholster the seat. Maybe this winter as the car has been down long enough this year, I need to log some miles.