Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A gasser Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

I think I gave my ol' man the gasser bug. This is his latest project. Who knows how long it'll be before he gets it done. This baby's got plans for a blown big block chevy, hilborn injection, mondello ported heads, Zoomies, and a Roth Flake job. It should be scary...

Attached Files:

2. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

lemme barrow that nice compressor and sand blaster set up! cant wait to see some progress pics!

3. Jet Doc

Jet Doc

It's nice to see someone taking a Model A in a different direction. Keep us posted!

4. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Thanks, and by in a different direction that probably means any which way but straight. 700 hp + model A = :eek:

5. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

YEAH!!! They look great "gassed up"! Been toying with the idea for one myself. Keep us posted w/pics!

6. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

There is a guy here from Mustang named Dave who has a street legal full fendered A that runs in the Big Dog street shootout class with a blown BBC that runs very predictable 7.80's through the mufflers.
    I wish I had pics. Maybe I can find some later.

7. 390Power

390Power
    from Oregon

Looks good even though it would probably be considered a Altered back in the day

8. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

what were the specifications between altered and gasser. I know body modification, wheel base, engine location, and seat position had a lot to do with it.

9. Skirv

Skirv

Depending on the year of the rules, basically no more than 10 percent setback and all sheetmetal in place, even to include bumpers in the early years. Classes were broken down by c.i.d. to weight ratio. Go here for all the gas class rules by year.

www.gassermadness.com

10. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Von Ry I think your dads gonna need the motor out of my 57 :).... Ill have to get the rest of the guys and stop over.

11. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

He's wantin to buy steve's blower

12. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Steve will sell it to him but not sure if he will want to pay what steve wants!

13. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Actually, he might

14. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

the diffrence in Gas and Altered classes was The body had to have full street equipment(fenders,bumpers,lights,and full stock style upholstery however the stock seat could be replaced with buckets as long as it was upholstered)and up to a 10 percent engine setback.Altered classes didn't need any street equipment and had up to a 25 percent engine set back that car would definitely fall as a gasser Mine however is getting transformed into an Altered because of no fenders. Good looking car should be fun as hell my little small block runs mid 12s, a blown big block should get that thing moving! Good Luck,Paul

15. That'll be a cool piece when it's done. What frame, suspension, brakes and stuff is he wanting to run in it ?

16. 2manybillz

2manybillz

Look for pics of Harry Luzader's 1932 Ford gasser - it was one of the 75th anniversary cars. One of the best early Ford gassers. Sometimes run as an altered, probably because the ET record was softer, you can't go wrong following his lead. Do a search on here, is been posted before.

17. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Ry is that one shot propping the running board up? :)

18. Very cool Ryan!

You Hartmans never cease to amaze.

19. Here's a few I have pics of. Mostly have hood tops, any headlights will work. Roofs can be chopped.
    Not everyone ran NHRA either.

Attached Files:

20. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

21. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

22. Skimmer

Skimmer

Thats lookin Tough

23. damnfingers

damnfingers

Great photos, cougardan...thanks for sharing.

24. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

um...yeah. And there is a chalk block and a can of WD40 holdin up the front fenders.

He's got an original frame that we're not sure if we are going to use. We might beaf it up and use it. The original frame under it has new pin set in the front axel and has what I think is a 57 Ranchero 9 in. rear. As for brakes n stuff... ?...that's a ways down the road.

25. Sounds like it is going to be killer. Good luck.

26. abone1930

abone1930

Any updates? Cool project :D

27. Here's another one

Attached Files:

28. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Man this will be a great build to watch......Keep us posted!!

29. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Well, I hate to say it, but the project is a no go.

My ol man bought a half done 55 chevy with a 301 and a muncie 4 speed. Not exactly a blown 30 coupe gasser, but still very cool. So needless to say, he became side tracked and sold the car, realizing it would probably never get built.

If I had it my way this thing would have been a gasser, but it's not my call

He sold the car to a friend of ours that lives about 4 blocks down the street.

He's building a fenderless highboy out of it. Chopped the top 5 inches and is building a hilborn injected big block chevy for it, backed with a muncie 4 speed and a 57 ranchero 9 in.

30. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

That's to bad, would have really like to have seen it done. The 55 chevy sounds real nice. I think it is probably Shakey Puddins fault for buiding such a nice 55'. Is your dad's going to be done gasser style?:)