Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Gas Tank and Firewall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iracer, Oct 19, 2008.

1. iracer

iracer

I have a 29 Model A Sedan and I was wondering what hidden traps exist if I try to pull the firewall and gas tank off the main body. I bought the car from a guy who never finished his restoration process so all the mounting bolts to the body are loose or hand tight.

Since I am a one man show in the garage it would make life alot easier to set the firewall and gas tank seperate from the body on the frame for the engine fit.

Any difficulties in getting it all back together?

2. Ice man

Ice man

All the bolts are very visable, firewall and under the dash. Take every thing loose, choke rod, steering support, and up she comes. Not to much problem. I even put and original tank in an Brookville roadster body, fit like a glove. Ice man

3. iracer

iracer

Thanks, anyone else?

4. iracer

iracer

Bump for the Monday Crowd. A Little help before I tear into this, Thanks.

5. HotRod33

HotRod33

I have a 31 sedan that I took out the firewall and the tank. I drilled out the spot welds on the firewall and unbolted the tank, everything came out without a problem. I was able to put in the motor and tranny and then I cut and recessed the firewall and cut the bottom out of the tank. I then bolted the firewall back in and set the tank top back on......It was painless,,,,,,,,,,