Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model A frame...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LSJUNIPER, Jun 3, 2016.

1. LSJUNIPER

LSJUNIPER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from ct

I purchased a model a frame kit from speedway motors with the plan to have a friend of mine weld it up for me, but he has been so busy with work he can't get to it... Does anyone know of a fab shop in Connecticut who can weld this frame for me?

2. Get in touch with Tim or Mark,they are long time residents of the State and just might be able to help,if not I'll bet they know who can. HRP

Tim

Mark

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  3. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I would guess any good weld shop could do it but I doubt if they would bid it at less than 8 hours labor and they might also include materials such as weld wire and gas. If I were you, I would take the $500 plus dollars they're going to charge you and buy a mig welder and do all the prep. It's not hard to learn to tack weld parts together and when it's time for the completed welds, the actual welding won't take more than a couple of hours. If your building from a bare frame, your going to need a welder all the time. You can't really expect someone to load all their equipment and come over to your place and weld for a few minutes here and there as your build progresses.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In this case I'd pass on a regular welding shop as all too often they want to run long beads of weld that don't do a hot rod frame any good.
    There has got to be someone within a reasonable distance that has plenty of experience welding up hot rod frames that could do it be it and individual or a

5. 1300 difference to put it together and weld it up ?
    Wow that's a great deal for somebody

image.png image.png

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is Connecticut. It takes about an hour-and-a-half to drive across the whole thing, depending on construction.

7. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

image.jpeg Here is what I got from Derek at boiling brothers for about $1300.already welded up and I'd rather give my cash to a local builder than speedway.If it don't work out finding a welder,sure you can return it.

8. LSJUNIPER

LSJUNIPER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from ct

Thanks for all the info!